Chapter 21- He's watching you

I was on Pinterest at 10 o'clock reading scary stories before writing the start of this chapter.... Sorry not sorry.

Chapter 21

Aria's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to a bang from downstairs. Forest was still asleep next to me, and I knew I shouldn't, horror movies taught me that much, but I got up and headed to the kitchen, hoping it was just Atlas or Isla.

As I walked I was aware it was very dark, no stars in the sky to light my way. I made it to the kitchen and turned on the light. Looking around the kitchen it was empty. It was your imagination, my wolf said, making me jump, it was a lot to get used to, having another voice in my head.

I agreed with her and went to get a glass of water. Looking out the window into the woods. I was lost in thought, thinking about what had happened the last few weeks, I was glad I'd figured out how to shift, otherwise I'd be gone.

Suddenly my gaze was drawn to the tree line. There was something there. It looked in my direction, right through the window, it looked me in the eye.

I looked away for a second to make sure the door was locked but when I looked back the man was gone, he must have gone back into the trees, I went to the sink to refill my glass and that's when I finally screamed, I screamed because the thing, the man, was pressed up against the window, he was the same man as before, and he wasn't moving, he was just staring at me.

Atlas, Forest and Isla all ran into the kitchen and looked to where I was staring, Atlas let out a low growl and I turned to look at him, I looked back at the window, but the man was gone. Atlas ran outside to see if he could find the man.

Forest pulled me into his arms, wiping tears from my cheek I didn't even realise I had shed. "Hey, hey, it's ok," He said, stroking my hair and holding me, keeping me safe.

"He, he was staring at me, he wouldn't move, I don't know who he was, he wouldn't stop staring."

----------

Atlas, Forest and some of the warriors had been circling the house and surrounding woods for the last few hours, trying to pick up any scent they could but the man had disappeared with no trace. Again.

I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating my breakfast while trying not to look out the window. I was scared if I looked at the window he would be there, staring at me, unmoving.

Atlas came in and let out a tired sigh. "I sent the warriors home, Forest is still looking, there is no trace of him, no scent, no foot prints, no nothing. If I hadn't seen him myself I wouldn't have believed he was there at all."

Isla came over and handed him a plate of toast and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "He can't have just disappeared," Atlas just sighed before grabbing a piece of toast.

----------

After I had finished breakfast I went up to my room, I was confused, how does this man keep getting away from a pack of wolves with no trace.

I was lost in thought as I climbed the stairs, so lost in thought I didn't see the man in front of me until his hand was over my mouth and my hands were restrained behind my back.

My wolf snarled in my mind and I thrashed in the arms of my captor. I felt his breath against my ear as her leaned down to whisper something to me.

"You see how easy it was for me to get to you, nothing you or your pathetic mutts can do stop me. This is your final warning. I will be back."

Suddenly I was thrown against the wall and I screamed as the man ran out the room, through the window. Before I was even back on my feet he was out the window and disappearing into the woods.