Chapter 27- Waking up

Wow, it's really close the new year! I hope every one had a great Christmas and everyone has a great 2019!!

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 27

Forest's POV

I drifted in a sea of tranquillity. I was safe. It was calm, relaxing and nothing would ever hurt me.

But my mate wasn't here with me, so it was hell.

For days I floated, trying to find land, but unable to anchor. Lost at sea, lost in my own mind.

For days I fought to get free, to escape and wake up.

I could feel her. I could feel Aria, but something wasn't right.

I shouldn't be able to feel her. We hadn't completed the bond yet, she didn't wear my mark on her neck and I didn't wear her's.

Even though I was still half asleep, even though I could barely think, I could feel pain throbbing through me.

Her pain.

She was in pain.

As I slowly woke up more I started to process the information flooding through me senses.

I could smell antiseptic, the undertone of strong bleach. My nose wrinkled at the smell, it was too clean, too fake.

I must be in a hospital, the pack hospital most likely, I could smell the scent of pack wolves, slowly the events of the attack came back to me.

The rogues knew where we would be, they must have. It was an organised attack, they knew where to attack and when. They knew the perfect way to bring us to our knees. The pack was defenceless without it's alpha family.

We had a traitor and mark my words they would pay dearly for it.

I could smell my parents close by, in beds next to me, but I couldn't smell Aria. She wasn't here. Not even faintly. She should be here. She should be here for when I wake up. She's my mate. But she wasn't here.

Over the next few hours, or days, I really couldn't tell, my senses woke up more.

I could hear the faint sound of footsteps outside my door. I could hear the sound of whispered conversations.

They had caught the traitor, I heard pack wolves talking about it, the traitor who was responsible for the rogue attack. They had been collared up and the pack was waiting for us to wake up before they were dealt with.

Good. I wanted to deal with this traitor myself.

----------

More time passed as I fought with myself to wake up. I would wake up and I would deal with the traitor, together with my family.

We would make an example of the traitor to show we don't allow that sort of treachery, no matter your status.

I could feel my parents waking up as well, their blood humming with power, breathing life back into them as mine did the same to me.

I felt stronger. I knew I could almost escape, almost.

Almost.

----------

Time ticked on, day turned to night and I fought through my mind, fighting to be free, fighting to be out.

And finally, my fight payed off.

I opened my eyes, not caring about the blinding light or the searing pain making me want to curl up and go back to sleep.

I just wanted to be home.