Chapter 32- Simon

Not Simon's wolf....

Chapter 32

Terra's POV

I woke up to the sound of laughter. My mate was laughing and that made me smile. I really loved my mate. He was my everything.

At least, I thought he was. I was so conflicted, part of me yells out for Simon, but part of me yells out for Forest, and the part that yells out for Forest, feels more real. The part of that calls for Simon feels artificial, fake, forced, and yet, if he isn't my mate, the life I've just began to except as real, may not be real.

"Hey, Terra," Even my name seemed fake. What's wrong with me? "Are you awake?" I blinked open my eyes, smiling up at Simon, he smiled back but, something seemed off, my wolf didn't call out to his the way she usually did.

"Simon," I smiled at his, not liking the way his name sounded on my lips, something wasn't right. "Do we have any plans for today?" He thought for a minute before shaking his head.

"Don't forget to take your pill," He said, handing it to me. He always made sure I had my pills, he said it was for my own good, and I did always feel better after, everything seemed clearer. I nodded, smiling before throwing it back.

Something didn't feel right, it was like a web in my mind, stopping the truth from getting through, stopping the thoughts from escaping. I needed to get away from here, nothing was right, I was confused, I needed air. "I'm going out," I blurted out, walking to the door, Simon stood in the doorway, a murderous expression on his face that chilled me to the core.

"Did you ask," He said, glaring daggers at me, looking at me as if I was below him, my first instinct was to bow my head, act submissive, he was my mate, wasn't he?

My wolf howled out to me, she was trying to tell me something, but the thoughts wouldn't form in my mind, I hadn't been able to communicate properly with her since I woke up, Simon said it was because we hadn't communicated it 6 months, but now I thought it might be something more.

I hated the way he talked down to me, always talking as if I was dirt on his shoe, most of the time I passed it off as his right, I was his mate therefore I was below him, but today, today something in me thought back, I didn't want to be below my mate.

"No, I didn't ask. If I want to go outside I will go outside, I don't belong to you." I didn't belong to him. I was his equal. Wasn't I? My emotions were fighting each other, one side said I was right, I was my mates equal, I only belonged to him as much as he belonged to me. But another part of me said I was his. I belonged to him completely.

"You do belong to me, you are mine. You don't talk back and you don't do anything without asking me first. You go outside with my permission and my permission only. You belong to me. Don't forget it." He shouted, slapping me in the face.

I was sick of it, I didn't belong to him. If I wanted to go outside I would. I ran out the house before he could stop me, jumping into my shift and tearing into the woods.

I didn't care where I ran as long as I ran away from Simon, he wasn't my mate, my mate wouldn't treat me like that, I was sure of it.

------------

I ran for ages, my wolf enjoyed the freedom. I loved the wind in my fur, the dirt beneath my paws, the smell of the trees as I ran through them.

If Simon is lying to me, would that make Forest real, but I saw Forest, he was called Aran, he didn't remember me. Was that a trick, was it real, maybe I still haven't woken up from a dream, maybe I'm still in a coma.

I was so lost in thought, I didn't see the wolf in front of me until I was nearly on top of him.

He was beautiful, a soft brown colour, with striking green eyes.(The wolf at the top) I recognised him. He was Forest's wolf, it was Forest.