Chapter 5- Pancakes and panic attacks

Hello book worms, so I've decided to add media to the start of each chapter either a picture or a YouTube clip, also you may of noticed I am now naming my chapters, this will give you an idea of what's to come in the chapter, alternatively it may be to throw you off the scent, I guess there is only one way to find out, ONWARDS

Chapter 5

Aria's POV

I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains. No I'm going to be late to make dad and Tyler breakfast. They'll beat me if it's not on the table by the time they wake up.

I'm in such a hurry I didn't even realise I wasn't in my room. I ran downstairs never once noticing my surrounding, blinded by my fear of another beating I felt like I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. I run round the corner straight into Isla.

"Woah, slow down there," She said, looking down at me, suddenly noticing my startled expression, "Aria? What's wrong?"

If I was fully awake I would have apologised for running into Isla.

If I was in my right mind I would have explained I thought I had over slept.

If I wasn't terrified I would have sat down at the table and had breakfast.

But as it was I was half asleep, I still thought I was going to get a beating for over sleeping and being clumsy and I was terrified.

I slowly backed away. Shaking my head and trying to sort fact from fiction.  The walls were closing in on me. I was gasping for breath but the air wouldn't enter my lungs. The same questions kept rotating round and round my head making me dizzy.

Where am I? Where is dad? Where is Tyler? Am I going to be beaten? Is this person friend or foe? 

I sank to the floor whimpering, breathing heavily. Tears rolled freely down my cheeks and to make matters worse I had a terrible headache making it impossible to think. I curled up in the corner crying to my self, unaware of anything going on around me.

I heard voices but they were jumbled in my head. I couldn't tell who was speaking and I could only hear snippets of their conversations random words were missing and I couldn't make sense of what I could hear. 

"***** wrong with her?" "Is *** ok?" "She came ****** down the stairs, I ***** her what *** wrong but she ***** answer, think she's ****** * panic attack"

I couldn't understand what they were saying. I didn't know what it all meant. It was all too much to take in and my world went dark.

----------

When I woke up I was back in Forest's room. I remembered where I was now. I was staying a Forest's house. I would be safe here.

 Last time I woke up I was in such a panic I forgot where I was. I don't remember how I got back up here, I just remember thinking I was going to be beaten and then everything went dark. 

"There she is," Forest said from beside me. He didn't look like he'd slept for days. How long have I been out? I wrote on his palm.

"Three days," Forest said with a tight smile. "My mum said it was all a bit much for your body to process so it shut down for a bit." I felt much better than I did before. I felt much more stable and less asleep, less panicky. Better.

"Do you want to get up?" Forest asked. I nodded. We probably need to get back to school soon. It  was the weekend before but now it must be Wednesday. I need to do well in school. It's the only way I can get away from my dad.