Workshift part 2 (Chanyeol ft Chen imagine)

Chanyeol imagine part 2

<Chanyeol's POV>

Clarine asked if i was okai. Of course i am not. But she doesnt know my feelings for her. Im ready to tell her but i dont think she is ready to know, that was what held me back. I ruffled my hair in frustration after i ended the call. Oh gosh i dont know how to deal with her later on. Well, nevermind maybe ill just skip this dinner. But im worried. I dont know what Chen would do to her. Even though he is my manager and a friend, i do not trust his temptations. Clarine is so irresistible. But on the other side, i dont want to see Chen getting all lovely towards her. It will just hurt me even more.

I lie on my bed, frustrated, in a dilemma whether to go to the dinner or not. In the end, i decided to go. I want to protect her. To be by her side. Or at least, watch her from afar. I guess this is what i deserve. For not making any move towards her. It was 6.31pm, i got dressed and was ready to go. All attenders were to wear something formal no matter how small your position was. So i wore a suit and a pair of polished black shoes. I got in my rented car and drove off.

<Narrator's POV>

You woke up at 5.02pm and went to get ready. You texted Chen your address, before starting to wash up a little. Claire lent you her dress and you changed into it. After that, you got Claire to curl your hair into mild waves. You put on your makeup and was done by 6.26pm. The only ones left were your shoes. You picked a pair of black floral heels and wore it on. You barely waited for even a minute when someone rang the doorbell. Without thinking, you knew it was Chen. You opened the door without any hesitation, revealing yourself to Chen. Chen's jaw dropped when he saw you. "Wow. U look... b-beautiful." Chen was a little loss for words. You smiled a thanks and went off with him. 

<at the dinner>

You went into the hall with Chen and reported to the counter your attendance. You and Chen went to your assigned table to settle down. On the way there, many said you and Chen looked good together and complimented on your dressing. Of course, you said thanks and complimented them back. Even though you were with Chen, your mind and heart was with Chanyeol. You looked around your surroundings, trying to find Chanyeol.

Will he be coming? You're not sure. But attendance is compulsory, since the CEO of this chain restaurant invited all of us. You shook your head, trying to shake him off your thoughts.

"Are you alright?" Chen asked, seeing you shaking your head for no reason. "Ah. Yes, im fine." You replied, knowing that you werent since you dont see Chanyeol anywhere. You told Chen your legs were a little sore so you went to your seat first, leaving Chen to socialize with everyone else.

You looked around again, in attempt to find Chanyeol once more. And you saw him. Your eyes sparkled at the sight of him, you felt nervous yet happy with his presence. Thats how you always felt. Then you looked away, not wanting him to catch you staring. Also you were still a little upset why didnt he tell you what was wrong. I mean it seems to be a pretty big matter since you hardly hear this giant sighing. Chen then sat beside you, breaking your train of thoughts.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to come with me." He smiled.

"My pleasure." You smiled back.

"Can i... request something?"

"Sure."

"Uh. Can we be more than friends for today? Just today." He requested.

You were a little taken aback by this sudden request. But since he was the one that asked you out for today's dinner, you agreed with a hint of hesitation. There is no reason for you to turn down his offer since Chanyeol doesnt seem to need your existance. You and Chen chatted for a little while more when the lights dimmed indicating that the dinner was starting, silencing everyone.

"Thank you everyone for coming here tonight to celebrate (restaurant's name)'s 30th anniversary! Now, we shall invite Mrs Che, our CEO, for the opening speech!" The hosts' voice boomed from the speakers all around and applause could be heard. The spotlight went to Mrs Che. After Mrs Che's speech, everyone was to have a 8-course western dinner. It was truly appetizing and fulfilling. It must be made by the restaurant's best chef. After the dinner, music was played and everyone was invited to dance at the dance floor at the back of the hall.

Chen invited you for a dance and you gladly accepted it. Up till now, your eyes were still on Chanyeol. While dancing, you saw him make his way to the dance floor with a lady pulling him. This caused you to lose you balance a little, resulting in Chen catching you. "You alright?" He asked. You nodded your head, thanking him for catching you before continuing your slow dance. Chen held you really close. Both of your chests were almost touching, just an inch apart. Your faces were right beside each other. You could feel his steady breath against your face and he could feel yours. You have no idea how much Chen was feeling right at this moment. He was really in love with you. Having to dance with you like that was like a dream come true. He cherished this moment so much but he didnt even cross your mind up till this moment. You looked at Chanyeol as he slow dances with the lady he was with. The lady was practically flirting with him, he seemed to be having fun himself too. You got a little jealous knowing that he was enjoying someone else's presence instead of yours.

The song was about to end. You were about to tell Chen that you were tired when everyone gasped, interrupting you. Turning to where everyone's attention was, you saw the lady kissing Chanyeol right on the lips! You could see Chanyeol's shock face with his eyes widened. You were terribly hurt this time. You ran off without anyone's knowledge since everyone's attention was on Chanyeol and that lady. Warm tears could be felt streaming down your cheeks. The man you love just kissed a lady in front of everyone! Yes he might be forced but shouldnt he do something? Like push the lady away or something? Why isnt he doing any... wait! Clarine, he isnt yours! Who are you to want him to do that? This made your heart break even more. Chanyeol-ah... do you have any idea what you have done?

You ran till you fell, spraining your ankle. You totally forgotten that you were on heels. After you fell, you just sat there, crying. Not bothering how ugly you might look right now. The pain at your ankle could not be compared to the one in your heart. You saw someone's shoes standing right in front of you. You didnt bother looking up since you werent in the mood and you thought it was probably just a passerby in this empty place.

"Clarine..." it was Chen. You hurriedly wiped your tears using your hands and looked up with your puffy eyes, trying so hard to smile but your lips wouldnt cooperate. Chen squatted down to take a closer look at you. You have no idea that his heart was hurting way much more. He picked you up without saying anything. You stayed silent too. There was no words needed. By the looks of it, anyone could tell what was going on. You like Park Chanyeol.

He placed you down near a convenience store before going in. He came back with a plastic bag. You saw beer inside and immediately gobbled down a can. Chen didnt say anything. He quietly bandaged your swollen ankle. After a few more cans of beer, you got drunk. You started crying again and blabbered nonsense in your drunken state.

Chen piggybacked you home. He heard your rant, on life, work, family and friends, and of course, about Chanyeol. "Ey~~ Park Chanyeol! Why did you do that? You have no idea how hurt i was!" You yelled, in a drunken state before yelping a little. "You have no idea how much i love you, Chanyeol." You whispered. This made Chen halt to a stop. Now his heart is shattered into pieces. He wasnt the one you love. It was Chanyeol. To think he actually thought it was possible between you and him. He sent you home, leaving you to Claire before going off.

The more he thought about it, the more convinced he was that he should confront Chanyeol. With that, he went to Chanyeol's house.

[ A/N: this does not take one day to finish. Omgosh and i thought i could finish this imagine with 2 parts. Guess this will take 3 parts~~ i hope you enjoyed it anyways! ^^ thank you each and every one of you that has been reading all my works! And those of you whom are new to my acc, welcome! ^^ you should have a lovely time like the rest of my follower! ^^

And ill still be updating DOS (dance of shadows) no worries okai? ^^ ]