Chapter 30

Ariella POV

As I walked through the calm woods I hummed the tune to frére jacques. Soon the peaceful air was sliced through by a growl. I spun around look for the source when my eyes settled on a giant grey wolf staring at me as if I was going to be it's next meal; which I probably was.

The wolf pounced  his powerful jaws latching onto my shoulder, tearing the soft flesh that once resided there. A blood curdling scream tore from my throat shattering the silence that had once surrounded us again.

Third POV

The scream echoed through the did alerted a certain tracker that someone was injured. Now this didn't faze the tracker until the smell of blood hit him.

It was his mate!

He pushed of at a sprint, his brain wracked with worry. What if he didn't make it in time? What hurt them? Could he help them? Would he be able to stop?

When he arrived at the scene, what he saw made his blood boil. There was his beloved mate on the floor, blood gushing out of the gaping wound on her shoulder.

He recognised the wolf that had tore a chunk from his mate.

Paul Lahote.

Paul lunged at the dying human once again only do be knocked back by an enraged vampire. Paul whined in pain before shaking his head, he lunged at Demetri who dodged and wrapped his arms around Paul's neck.

Soon a loud snapped echoed around the woods they were in. Paul fell to the ground and his head hung limply. His head and spine was no longer connected.

Demetri rushed to his mates side; she still had a weak pulse. He bit just above her heart forcing the venom to work from the heart outwards.

He picked her up carefully and forced himself to run towards the boat without being spotted. Once he reached the boat, he placed his mate on his bed and hoped that the venom would work it's cursed magic as it normally did.

It would just take time...