Chapter 10

Major POV

Once Jasper had found about our mate he had allowed me to take over. 

It has been two years since that souls shattering day. The day mine and Alice's mate got stripped of her humanity and turned into one of us. I knew it was selfish, but I couldn't let her die that day, when Alice had frantically called Carlisle. Her voice was hoarse from screaming and, when we got to the scene, her face painted with tears.

Once the venom was injected into Kayla all we had to do was pray and hope the venom would run its course. After the first week, nothing had progressed and Carlisle's knowledge only went to a certain degree.  We had no choice but to go to the Volturi for help. Our situation has only plundered when Edward had decided to leave both our clan and the vegetarian way of vampire life to be with *bitch* Bella.

Thankfully, the Volturi had took us in and had gotten the venom to work.

Kayla was coming back.

Her skin had become a beautiful milky white; her hair a soft ombre of reds, I couldn't wait to see her full beauty when she revealed her enchanting eyes. The girls had picked a satin soft black dress they changed her in for when we introduce her to our new lifestyle.

 The girls had picked a satin soft black dress they changed her in for when we introduce her to our new lifestyle

3rd POV:

The soft thumpings of Kayla's heart beat were, by now, nonexistent and the Volturi Castle were preparing for her awakening

The soft thumpings of Kayla's heart beat were, by now, nonexistent and the Volturi Castle were preparing for her awakening. The venom had frozen her veins and travelled through her bloodstream like a graceful serpent. The cold venom had frozen her heart and the wind seemed to become paralysed as the tension grew thick in the castle.

Bright emerald eyes shone through the night.