Chapter 28 (Part 1)

Flora POV

I surged forward and listened to my "father's" angry voice fade into the background; all I could hear was the sound of my boots crashing against the gravel beneath my feet and the pounding of my frantic heart. When I looked up I realised I was at my safe haven- the harbour. Many familiar ships were lined up or sailing away or had just arrived. However there was one yacht that was unfamiliar; it stuck out in the bay full of fishing ships.

The outer of the yacht was a shiny pearlescent white colour, immaculately flawless and polished to perfection. Intricate weavings of gold wrapped around the railings and handles of chairs that could possibly pay my rent for 30 years. On the deck seemed to be various sun-loungers and seats, matching the theme with soft cotton white cushions.

But what drew me in most was the passengers that were climbing off the yacht. There was a boy about the same age as me that pulled me in even though I had never met him. I had no clue who these new comers were. It dawned on me that these people were probably rich, snobby tourists. Suddenly, the blonde girl that was next to the boy turned and glared at me. I held back a shudder, it felt as if her eyes were piercing my soul. I finally broke the staring contest we had going on and walked towards the sushi shop much to my dislike, but considering my shift started in five minutes; I had to back down.

I sprinted into the shop and had a minute to spare. "I'm here!" I shout as I grab an apron.

The owner -Isabelle- laughed and started the final arrangements to set up the shop. Once all the tables were wiped again, the counters were wiped and the platters of sushi were put out, that's when we opened up the shop. The shutters opened allowing the sunlight to flow through. within 10 minutes we had our first customers. They ordered a platter of Nigiri and a platter of California rolls.

(California Rolls)

(Nigiri)

Isabelle finished making the platter and I walked over and gave the people their order

Isabelle finished making the platter and I walked over and gave the people their order. This is how it usually was, I was the only one who worked with Isabelle due to her being rather carefree. She had the habit of not noticing that it was past 'closing time' and continued working till she did notice or was told. This annoyed her past workers (who quit) they didn't want to work for someone who never paid attention to the time. However I didn't mind it kept me away from my 'father' who loved to beat me till I was half dead.

Eventually the work day came to an end and the dreaded time for me to come home. I started the journey and prepared myself for a beating. I turned the corner into the alley and bumped into a chest. The man from the yacht turned around to yell at me but when his eyes connected with mine, he closed his mouth and opened it again, like he was mimicking a goldfish.

"Hi, I'm Alec." He said kissing the back of my hand. A blush crawled into my face and a smirked graced his features.

"I'm Flora." I stuttered, as I slowly start to back away. My heart was pounding in my chest. My vision started blur and I vaguely felt cold hands cradle my body as my useless legs gave out beneath me.