Chapter 18

I was sat on the bed reading my book. It was one I had gotten from the library. Felix had given me a key once I had been crowned and when I actually found the library I was ecstatic. Floor to ceiling was full of books, many of which I had never heard of. It was amazing. I grabbed the first book that caught my eye and retreated back to my room. I had grabbed a book called 'Black Ice' by Becca Fitzpatrick.

My outfit had changed once again. Every day a new dress was delivered and I HAD to wear them according to Aro. Oh and I had another crown.

Do these guys ever run out of money?

I was halfway through the book when Jane walked in

I was halfway through the book when Jane walked in. "My Princess. You are required at this trial."

"Thanks Jane but please call me Kayla." I say softly and smile before placing the book down with a bookmark in. Jane started walking leading me to the throne room once again.

Is there anything this room isn't used for?

Judging from the snickers from Demetri I said that out loud. A sharp glance from Caius made Demitri quieten and stiffen. I roll my eyes at Caius' actions; it seems he was only nice to me. I sit in my throne a few minutes before the rabid vampire came in.

I flinched unintentionally as I see Felix rip off an arm. Jasper moved to my side and stood similar to Jane and the other guards. The cold look on Jasper's face scared me alot but I felt waves upon waves of love hitting me.

"You broke one of our most obvious laws Domino. Don't expose our kind to humans." Aro said calmly. Domino swallowed and everyone in the room heard it.

"What do you plead Domino?" Caius snarled, making Jasper step closer to me.

"Not guilty. Why would I be stupid enough to go against you fuckers?! Anyway who's the cute girl?" Domino said smugly.

Felix gripped Domino's arm and pulled it up so Aro could go invade his memories. Everyone of Aro's movements were short and sharp, as if touching this vampire was disgusting him.

"Lying is a crime in itself." Aro snapped dropping Domino's arm. With a flick of his wrist, Felix had ripped of Domino's head. My hand flew to my mouth and a startled scream tumbled out of my lips. I wasn't expecting that.

Where were the kind kings I knew?

Aro turned to me when the scream was heard. He raised a perfectly sculptured eyebrow. "What?"

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I mutter before sprinting to my bathroom. I lean other the toilet and throw up a clear liquid. I felt someone put my hair up into a bun.

I see a flash of blonde hair and croak "Rose?"

"Wrong gender." Caius said sitting down and rubbing my back.

"What am I throwing up?" I ask fearfully.

"It's just your stomach acid. Your body no longer needs it." He explained as I stopped vomiting.

"Oh." I sigh resting my head on the toilet seat. "Since when was Aro that cruel? Will I turn out like that?" I cry. I feel tears build up in my eyes but I know they won't fall.

"Aro has always been that cruel and only if you change to be like that." Caius comforted me. I felt him wrap an arm around my waist and we spent the night together. Me vomiting and him comforting me as much as he could.