Chapter 5

Kayla Pov:
I had continued read well into early morning. It was only when my alarm went off did I stop reading. On my bed was a tray of dinner that was untouched. I had refused to go eat and I still was.

The door opened and in walked my Father. He had red puffy eyes, a symbol that he had been crying. "Sweetie I'm sorry." He apologised sadly. The look on my face mirrored his except I had a blank stare. 

"Thank god it's Friday. I'm gonna call Esme, see if I can stay there this weekend." I say emotionlessly.

Dad sighed and left my room, closing the door behind him. I got dressed and took the tray of food downstairs where I placed it in the microwave. It would be eaten later.

I walk out the door not sparing a glance at Bella until I walked into a car. I looked up to see Esme stifling a laugh. "Really?" I pout softly.

"Yes," she replied opening the car door "get in a little birdie told me you wanna stay at mine this weekend."

I nod meekly as she starts to drive me to school. "Can I?" I ask.

She nods as we pull up to the school. "I just thought you'd want to paint your room."

I look confused until I remember. "Oh I do. Can one of the boys help me?"

She nods and opens the door. "The school bells gonna ring in a moment."

I climb out the car and sprint through the gates and jump onto Hades back. "Go!" I cheer as he snorts.

-Time skip to end of day-

I walk out the gates to see a black Harley Davidson and Jasper lounging against it.

"Holy shit!" Ember whispered. "Go get your man." She teased.

I roll my eyes but walk up to Jasper who gives me a dazzling smile when  one saw me. "Heya darling." He said passing me a helmet. "Want some help painting your room?"

I put on the helmet and climb on behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. He starts the bike and speeds off towards my house. When we arrive at mine the door is open and no one is in sight.

"Dad? Bella?" I call fearfully. There was no reply. I called out again and hear a this coming from my room upstairs. I take the stairs two at a time.

"Dad?" I call as I enter my empty room, all my stuff was in boxes and bags. "Dad?"

"Your leaving. Bella doesn't like you here. Your threats and disruptive behaviour scaring her so you're moving out. Esme said she'd adopt you." Da-Charlie said.

"Fine!" I snap as the lump in my throat enlarges and tears burn my eyes.

I sprint down the stairs into Jasper's open arms. They wrap around me and I feel safe. As if nothing can hurt me. Until he lets go and reality crashes down on me.