Chapter 12

Kayla POV

I was escorted to a throne room where three males sat on their thrones. I bowed curtly the dress flowing like a waterfall as I moved. I looked up and the men gasped.  "Brothers I think we have found a heir!" The blonde one cheered. He gracefully stood up and extended his hand to me.  "My name is Caius, these are my brothers Aro and Marcus" He pointed to each person as he spoke.

"What did you mean by an heir?" I asked confusion laced within my voice. I looked around the room feeling trapped. It was as if the guards positioned around the room were moving closer and the burning in my throat was getting too hard to ignore. I swallowed but my throat was as dry as a desert. 

"An heir, a princess to the vampire kingdom. If we were to die you would take control." Aro explained his eyes following my every move. Marcus was looking at me blankly as if I was some new species. I shifted, uncomfortable under their scrutinising stares. 

I take a step back and all guards eyes darted to me and a few poised ready to attack. I try to swallow again, the burning becoming unbearable. I was thirsty and feared that it was for blood. 

"Are you okay Mi Cara?" Marcus asked rising from his seat. I shake my head no and clutch my throat.  "Have you fed?" Marcus asked his eyes narrowed at his brothers.

"NO! She hasn't because she literally woke up then you rushed her here! Alice only had five minutes to get her ready!" Rose snapped wrapping an arm around my waist.  A intoxicating scent floated through the air and it only made the burning worst. From the corner of my eye I watched as Bella walked in, her arm looped around with Edward's. 

Then there was chaos.

I pounced on Bella, my teeth sinking into her neck. Her blood flowing down my throat as I paid no attention to her screams of agony. Aro, Marcus and Caius just stared at Bella angrily. However Jasper pulled me away from Bella and shielded me from Edward's angry punch. A growl ripped out of Jasper's throat and her started to shake before Alice was in front of him calming him down. 

I looked in horror at what I had just done. So I did the only thing I could do.  I ran. 

I ran and ran and ran until I found myself in a stunning garden. I stopped and admired the beautiful plants surrounding me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and whirled around coming face to face with Caius. He gently took my hand and led me to a gazebo. He handed me a handkerchief and I used to clean the blood off of my face. 

"I'm sorry for my actions. I had no control." I apologise, focusing on the handkerchief.  In the bottom left corner was the gold lettering of CV sewn on. 

"It's fine. You hadn't fed yet." He pointed out casually.  "I want to tell you my story. It started the day my sweet daughter Adora was slaughtered by werewolves. I was heartbroken and all my misery and grief soon fused to make one emotion: anger. I went from a kind and caring man to a vicious king who has no emotions but anger. I was walking the streets after dusk and Aro found me and turned me. He believed that my anger could help him build an empire and show dominance. It did."

I listened in silence as this broken king poured his heart out to me. Once he was done I spoke simply "You need not worry. Adora is in a better place watching her father do the things he chooses  to do."

Caius nodded. And we sat in silence watching the sun set and the stairs light up the night sky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

All images we got from Pinterest so the pictures go to their original owners . I know Caius doesn't have a daughter but for the sake of my book he does. There won't be many  authors notes because they piss me off as a reader, so for you sake there will be as little author's notes as possible.