Chapter 26 (Part 1)

Kayla POV

I didn't expect that I would end up walking through the corridors and hallways aimlessly, Nor did I expect to bump into the new receptionist. Literally.

"Watch where you're going!" She hissed, glaring at me. I raised an eyebrow and instantly a growl was heard from behind me.

"Don't think you should be talking to the Volturi Princess like that should you?" Alice snarled, her kind usual demeanour had vanished. Her arm wrapped around my waist and she pulled me into her side. 

I gently turned her face from the receptionist who looked as pale as we did, "Leave." I order softly, my eyes focused on Alice. We didn't need to lose another receptionist; people were starting to become suspicious. The receptionist scurried away wither her tail between her legs and I gingerly pressed my lips against Alice's in effort to calm her. The click of a camera made us pull apart. I look up to see Heidi holding my Polaroid camera, and shaking a picture of which I assume was me and Alice.

"You two are so cute!" Jane gushed. When Jane wasn't with the Kings she acted her age- 15. A smile graced my lips as I took in the scene unfolding before me. Jane was looking angelic as ever but her laughter was floating through the air, Heidi was taking pictures of everyone-she was planning to make a photo album of us girl. Victoria was there talking to Jane as if she had been here for years instead of hours, Corin was gushing over Victoria's hair to Jane and Victoria whilst me and Alice were just watching. Once everyone was finally calm once again we headed towards the garage. I was going to be driving Alice, Jane and Victoria. Heidi was going to be driving Corin, Demetri and Felix. The boys were tagging along so they could carry our bags for us. (Cough Caius forced them to come Cough) 

As we climbed into the beautiful car I ran my hand along the expensive Italian leather- the material tickling my fingertips ever so gently. This beauty was all mine, Carlisle had found out my love for cars and when I woke up I had one hell of a surprise he had bought me my own BumbleBee, (If you get this reference I love you) and that's who I was taking today. My car was one of my babies and I had three. Alice, Jasper and BumbleBee!  As soon as everyone was in  we were gossiping about how protective Alec got about the new receptionist.

"I would hazard a guess and say that she is his mate." Victoria piped up. She had been silent up until now. Alice kept glancing back at her as if she was waiting for Victoria to do or say something and I was slowly becoming paranoid. Jane nodded and we began the 15 minute drive to the city centre.  10 minutes into the drive the silence began to bug me so I turned on the radio and Youngblood by 5 Seconds Of Summer was on the radio. I began to belt out the lyrics whilst still sounding great if you ask me. Jane and Alice joined in when it came to the chorus. Eventually Victoria joined in and we came to a stop in the parking lot. 

I shivered remembering what happened last time I was in a parking lot. I was hit by a car because my "Sister" wanted me dead, technically she got her wish but it still backfired. I chuckle to myself and Corin sends me a weirded out look and I laugh out loud. "Are you okay baby?" Alice asked gently grabbing my hand. I nod and squeeze it reassuringly. We walk towards the nail salon and I hoped that Heidi had remembered to book the appointments. 

Heidi walked towards the front desk and said "We're here for a manicure under the name Volturi."