Chapter 29

Fauna POV

I listened to my mother continue to belittle me. I stood there with tears building up behind my eyes "You were a mistake!" My mother screeched, slapping my face. My head swung to the side from the force of the

I had come to terms with this treatment for quite a while. I always knew I was the consequences of my mother's immoral actions. I don't hate her though, in fact she has made me realise I am not her mistake. 

I am my own person.

I wandered around the streets with my hood up to hide the now forming bruise and to shelter my face from the hail that came crashing from the heavens. I look around for somewhere I could dry out and wait out the hail storm. Soon my eyes settled on the café my mother used to take me to. 

I slip inside the café and order an pumpkin spice latte and a cookie

I slip inside the café and order an pumpkin spice latte and a cookie. I then find myself drawn to a corner table, I let my body lead me to where it wanted to sit. I sat there for about 5 minutes before I was blessed with the presence of a goddess. Her beauty couldn't be compared to the most beautiful sunset for she was too radiant.

"My name is Heidi, what's yours?" Heidi asked as she sat down with a bottle of water. 

"My name is Fauna."  I reply shocked that this beautiful stranger wanted to know who I was. there was a warning bell going off in the back of my mind warning me that this person was bad news, but I ignored it and that was the best thing I ever did because if I hadn't I wouldn't be who I was now. 

I wouldn't be the strong, mated vampire. For a few weeks after we had first met Heidi told me she was a vampire and that I was her mate. Soon after that she became my Knight in shining stiletto heels and whisked me away from my mother and into the world of  the supernatural.