Chapter 4

Kayla Pov:
I woke up the next morning to tear stained cheeks and a wet pillow. I sigh before climbing into the shower and let the hot water rush over my body and relax my muscles.

I gently rub the scrunchie along my body trying to forget yesterday and put the smile back on my face. I climb out the shower and grab my hair dryer and start to sing Bullet for your sweetheart by Make out Monday. By the time I was done there was a smile on my face once again.

I changed into my clothes which was a cute autumn outfit.

I ran down the stairs and into Dad. "Dad can you give me a lift to school please?" I beg and he nods motioning to the door and ushered me out the house. I climb into the car and he closes the door behind me.

"Why are you wanting a lift sweetness?" He asked gently before driving towards the school.

"I was too lazy to walk today and it's cold" I point out motioning to the frost coating the floor. He parked the car and opened the door.

"I'll pick you up after school so we can shop for your paints okay angel." I roll my eyes but kiss his cheek and skip to Ember's side.

"Em! Guess what!" I laugh throwing an arm around her shoulder.

"What?" She asked holding my hand that was thrown over her shoulder.

"Bella absolutely loathes me!" I screech making her wince and cover her ears.

"Sorry to hear that babes." Hades piped up form behind us. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tightly. "C'mon time for school." He pointed out pulling the pair of us to the school.

-Timeskip till end of day-

I walk out the school and into Dad's car. "What colour paints love?" He asked driving towards Homebase.

"Yeah can I have ice blue and mint green Dad." I reply. As we arrive at Homebase we climb out the car and start to search the miles of aisles. I eventually find myself lost in a pair of melted topaz eyes.

"Hi!" I stutter my blush appearing.

"Hello Kayla. What brings you in this aisle?" Jasper asked gently looking for something or someone.

"I'm redecorating my room. Mint green and ice blue."

Jasper had seemed to find what he wanted and grabbed two cans of paint. The colours being ice blue and mint green. "These?" He asked.

I nod and he starts to walk towards the checkout. I spotted my Dad talking to Bella.

He nodded looking angry. "I can't believe you Kayla. I didn't raise you like this." I blinked furiously as he paid for the paints anyway.

We drive home in silence mostly because every time I went to speak Bella would shout at me.

When we got home I sprinted up the stairs and into my room slamming the door behind me.

Sorry about the short chapter! Expect longer ones soon x