Chapter 28 (Part 2)

Flora Pov
My eyes fluttered open and I came face to face with a pair of crimson red eyes. I lurched back, fear etched upon my face. My breathing started to speed up and became ragged. He stepped back obviously confused by my reaction.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes scanning my face and body for an injuries.

I nodded and started to calm down when I realised he meant no harm. "Where am I?"

"On our boat." Was the clipped answer I got.

I sighed and checked the time 12:40 pm. My eyes widened and I pushed myself of the bed. My legs hit the ground and soon the rest of my body followed. I scrambled to get up again until I felt a pair of cold hands grip my waist and put me back the couch.

"Where do you think your going?" Alec asked his voice hardening.

"Home. My Dad is gonna kill me because I'm late and haven't paid the rent yet." I blurt as tears well up in my eyes. I can only imagine the beating I am going to get when I get home. I haven't paid the rent and I need to top up the gas and electric.

"You're not going home." Alec sternly replied. "You are my mate so you will stay by my side whether you like it or not!" He said.

"Mate? Stay by your side whether I like it or not? I don't think so!" I yell before I feel something tearing through the soft layers of skin on my neck. My vision fades to black again as I feel a fire erupt in my body. This is my death I guess...

I woke up again to the boat moving. I looked around and everything was in HD, it didn't fit right. My throat was burning and my my eyes indeed of being their original green were a glimmering ruby red.

I could hear the door swung open and turned to face the person who obviously done this to me. "What did you do to me?" I ask, shocked by the sound of my own voice.

"I turned you. Not in the way I should of though." He sighed running his hand through his hair ruffling it.

"Turned me? Turned me into what?" I demanded. I wanted to know what was wrong,what he had done to me. Why my throat was burning? Where were we going? Why were we going there? I had too many questions and not enough answers.

"A vampire." Alec said.

I laugh, vampires don't exist. Do they?