Chapter 1

The pitter patter of the rain hitting the attic roof was soothing. Tomorrow my older sister would be coming down from Arizona to live with us. The last time I saw Isabella I was three. Mother and Dad had split up and Mother wanted Isabella and only Isabella. Don't get me wrong I loved my father; he got me everything I had ever needed and more.  

My headphones were in and my foot was hitting the ground in beat with the song I was listening to-Good girls by 5 SOS! I loved their music.

"Kayla!" Dad yelled attracting my attention. I climbed down the ladder to the landing and ran down the stairs. Jumping of the last step I was greeted with a worried face.

"What's up Dad?" I chirp, making the corner of his lip twitch up. He could never be mad at me, I was his baby girl. I was an 'innocent angel'.

"Your babysitter will be here in a minute!" He said sternly sending a silent message. Behave! I smirked and drew a halo around my head as there was a knock on the door.

He opened the door to see the person babysitting me. I would like to point out that I can look after myself;I'm 15. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a gentle woman's voice. "Hi Kayla, I'm Esme."

I shook my head and looked up to see who I would cause havoc for until I saw the woman's face and I knew my fun was destroyed. I glare at my Dad as he snorts. "Behave for Carlisle and Esme missy." He shook his head before walking away.

"Spoil sport!" I mutter sadly, causing Carlisle to chuckle.

"C'mon. No need to be like that Kayla." He chided before watching Esme walk into the kitchen.

"Have you had dinner sweetie?" Esme called. I blushed slightly as my stomach growled.

"Not yet," I squeak grabbing at my stomach self-consciously. Carlisle led me into the kitchen and sat me at the table. Esme was staring at our near empty cupboards, she tutted disapprovingly and closed the doors.

"Looks like you're having dinner at ours then." Esme said grabbing the phone and calling Dad. When Dad answered Esme explained how we didn't have much food so she was taking me to hers for dinner and would bring me back when he was back.

I followed Carlisle and Esme to their car and started to head off to their house. We climbed out the car and I stood in awe at the sight of their house.