Cat and Mouse

**A/N: I really don't think this is my best work, so I'll probably rewrite this sometime in the future, but for now here is a story about a closeted boy and the guy who wants to make the boy his.

The media pic is mine, I took the photo of my kitty cat and edited it. That's actually what inspired the story :)

Rated PG.

Copyright © 2014 by Gracilyn

---------------------

I always thought the phrase "Like a game of cat and mouse" was stupid, it didn't make sense. If someone was following you like a creep then you told them to shove off and alert the police. But that was before Marcus Delmont, the blonde haired and blued eyed British Adonis, moved to my small hometown. Before I bumped into him in the halls that first day of Junior year, when I had accidentally gained his interest.

"He's staring at you again," my best friend Peter informed me, as I shoved my book bag inside my locker.

I didn't bother asking who 'he' was, I already knew. Marcus watched me every morning when I walked through the doors of the school, to the time I step out of view of the school grounds. Of course his locker just had to be a few down on the opposite side of the hall from mine, like he had requested it for the perfect spot to stalk me everyday. 

Grabbing the things I'd need for first period, I shut my locker and marched off to class with Peter in tow.

"When are you going to admit it, Franky?" Peter asked, flipping his ginger fringe from his eyes as we stepped through the open door of the classroom.

"Admit what?" I inquired.

"You know what." 

I rolled my eyes and took my seat, placing my things in a pile on the desk. Peter sat beside me, arranging his stuff as well.

The thing was, Peter had this weird idea that I liked Marcus but wouldn't admit it. As if, I thought with a snort. There was no way I could ever like a creep like Marcus. Nope, no way. It wasn't possible. He was just so...ugh.

As the teacher began the lesson for the day I continued to let my mind wander. I was doodling on my notebook and wondering what was for lunch when suddenly I could feel the hairs on my neck raise and a chill go down my spine. There was no need to turn around, only one person would openly stare at me like what was happening right now, but the curiosity to know if he was watching me was too much to handle. I glanced to my left and there he sat, one chair back and two over, with his arms folded over his broad chest and his ankles crossed beneath his desk. He was leaning back in his seat, the tips of his strawberry blonde hair falling into his gunmetal blue eyes, which were staring at me so intensely that I spun back around in my spot and sat hunched over my desk for the rest of class.

All through the next five periods, I stayed almost on top of Peter while trying to keep my distance from Marcus. Like really, could he not take a hint?

As Peter and I walked to the cafeteria at lunchtime, I made a decision I would later regret.

"Hey man, save us a table, I gotta go take a leak," I told Peter, patting him once on the shoulder before hurrying off toward the boys washroom with little more than a simple "okay" from my long time best friend.

The washroom was empty when I entered, the door closing almost soundlessly behind me. Stepping up to a urinal, I did my business and zipped up my fly. I hope Peter got us a table, I thought, turning around.

 I jumped about a foot in the air when I suddenly came face to chest with a black v-neck and black leather jacket. My breathing sputtered, my heart racing as it lodged itself in my throat. Of course, the one time I'm alone and he jumps me like a cat to a mouse. Wait, did I just call myself a mouse?

"Francis," he spoke, his accent making a shiver go through my body. Say it again, I subconsciously willed him. Say my name again.

I cleared my throat and stepped around him, well aware of his hard stare following me as I moved to stand in front of the mirror. The urge to look at our reflections in the large glass was difficult to fight, but I knew if I even peeked a tiny glance at him I would become lost in those gunmetal blue orbs of his. Peter was right, I had it bad for Marcus, but there was no way I was going to admit that anytime soon. I'm going to keep pushing those butterflies in my stomach down and locking those twisted thoughts away in my mind where no one could ever know about them. As far as everyone but Peter and I knew, I was straight and despised Marcus' guts. Although I had a feeling Marcus could read my thoughts like an open book, poking and probing at each little thing. He was testing me, waiting to see when I would snap and admit defeat. But I couldn't, I-

Two strong hands sat on the counter beside mine, the arms in circling me from behind and effectively trapping me against the sinks. Good going Franky, you let your guard down around a perverted stalker will probably rape you on the dirty floor of the boys washroom.

"Um..." I debated on pretending that he wasn't here, but I knew that wasn't going to work. He had me trapped and there was no way he was going to let me go just like that.

"Franky," he whispered, his warm breath fanning my ear as his soft lips grazed the outer shell. 

I shuddered in his arms, but never lifted my gaze from our hands. 

His lips traveled down my neck, brushing ever so lightly against the flesh. My name passed from his lips every so often as my resolve slowly slipped from my grasp. What was I saying about wanting to leave? 

"Franky." His lips left my skin and before I could stop myself, I looked up and froze. His eyes pierced me, locking me in place and causing my breath to hitch. Wasn't there something I was supposed to be doing?

A smirk curled on his lips, smug and full of amusement. I breathed slowly as he ran his thumb over the back of my hand, his head tilting to the side. It almost seemed like he was studying me, but I couldn't be sure. It was like he was messing with my thoughts for a reason, breaking away the wall I had built around me without a single ounce of resistance. It was pitiful on my part.

"Franky, will you give me a chance to take you on a date?" he asked.

Without a moment of hesitation, I nodded my head while gazing into those two blue orbs. 

We didn't say anything again after that, partly because a sophomore walked in at that moment, but also because there was nothing else to say. After months of him practically stalking me and showing up out of nowhere, he had won. I had let my guard down, and before I could even process what I was doing I had already agreed. 

A date. With Marcus Delmont. What was I supposed to tell my parents? What was I going to tell the school? Marcus was open about his sexuality, but I...The only person who knew I was gay was Peter. My mom would say it was a phase, my dad would try to force me into 'manly' things like football and fixing cars, and the kids at school...Most of the students were okay with homosexuality, the school even had a LGBT club, but there was still the occasional homophobe.

"Franky," Marcus' voice broke through my panicked thoughts, and I glanced at him as we were about to part ways outside the washroom. An amused grin appeared on his lips. "It seems the cat finally caught the mouse."

I bit my lip, then replied, "Maybe the mouse wanted to be caught."

He laughed softly and nodded as if to himself, and for the first time, I let myself stare at his perfect butt in those tight fitting dark wash jeans as he walked away. I didn't even avert my eyes like usual when he looked back over his shoulder and winked at me, his laughter echoing off the walls of the empty hallway.

Oh boy, I thought with a groan. What am I going to tell Peter?

------------The End-------------