Outed

Jonah Harris, the epitome of being out and proud.

As I leaned against my locker, notebooks clutched to my chest, I stared across the hall through the sea of students, at Mr. Badass himself. He stood with his best friend, Remington Hensworth, at Jonah's locker, his jet black hair hiding of his eyes from view, the rainbow of colors that inked his bangs being the main disturbance. I wanted to see those electric blues as they calmly took in the sight of the other students around us. Of course, they never seemed to fully see me, instead dismissing me like so many others do. It hurt to know my crush didn't even know I exist, but I couldn't let that bring me down. Not when so many other things much worse than that are going on in my life.

I sighed, and adjusted the books in my arms. 

My heart ached at the thought of my pitiful life. No friends, a drugged up father, and a crush who didn't know I existed. Awesome, isn't it?

The shrill bell overhead rang throughout the school, causing my ears to ring and students to flee for class. Great, I thought dryly, Another three and a half hours 'til I can go home.

Hoping for one last glimpse of my dream boy before class, I realized with a frown that their gone. I hung my head in disappointment and scurried off to class, thinking about how sad it is that he's a year older, meaning I probably won't see him again until the end of the day.

"Okay class," the teacher said just as everyone took their seat. I slid into a desk somewhere in the middle, unnoticed like usual. "Let's get started."

***********************************<~~~~>************************************

Being friendless gave a guy time to read a lot of books. So many actually, that I'd came to the conclusion that if something seems like it's going good, something's bound to happen to ruin it. 

Meet Paul Jenkins, the asshole who ruined my life in the matter of a couple of minutes.

It was lunchtime, and I was sitting at my usual spot on the edge of the cafeteria, at a table with three empty chairs. My paper bag lunch sat on its side on the scratched surface of the round wooden table, it's contents spilling out of the opening from me rifling through it to find the flakes of ham sandwich I had made myself this morning. There I sat, a bite of the sandwich being chewed up in my mouth, when the static of the intercom came on. As everyone quieted down and looked to the old metal speaker hanging on the wall near the main cafeteria doors, a males voice began to come through the device.

"Uh-hem," the guy said as he cleared his throat. I swallowed the bite of food as I too, turned in my seat to stare in curiosity. Then it started. The words I had written down in my journal, the only friend I had that I could be myself with, came pouring through the speaker. Every secret I had ever entrusted the slim notebook with, were being read freely into the microphone in the office as if it were a normal announcement. My name, Kip Blossom, emphasized at the end of each entry. I couldn't believe it. My body sat frozen in my spot as the guy kept going, skipping to the most embarrassing entries. Everything from my messed up home life to my clumsy habits to my crush on a certain schoolmate named Jonah Harris, were being revealed. I was mortified. 

Without thinking, I stumbled to my feet and rammed my lunch back into its bag, before quickly fleeing the room of snickering and laughing teens. Everyone's eyes turned to me as I weaved my way through tables and chairs. They watched as I slammed open the double doors of the cafeteria and took off running through the halls. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing as I ran. I didn't realize that I had just gave the student body a face to go with the name, until I barged through the boys restroom door and into a stall near the end. I locked the door and stepped back, my blurry gaze settled on the chipping light blue paint as everything that just happened finally clicked in my mind.