Nixon POV - TTA Bonus Chapter 1

**A/N: I know some of you have been waiting very patiently for this (I don't blame you if you completely forgot about it, since it has been a while since the idea was discussed), and I'd just like to say that I'm hoping to get back to writing TTA soon. This bonus chapter, which will possibly be one of many, is supposed to help show you what happened when Ari isn't around. Later in TTA, this bonus chapter will make more sense (within only a few more chapters of TTA actually), so take note of what happens here. Btw, the 1 is to signify that this is the first bonus chapter, not the actual first chapter.

Please enjoy and tell me if I portrayed Nixon well enough, because I feel that he doesn't come off the same as he does from Ari's POV.

[WARNING] This story contains coarse language. Readers discretion is advised.

Copyright © 2014 by Gracilyn

____________________________

"So what are you going to do?" asked Gavin, as he lined up his cue stick with the white ball. 

I sighed. "I really don't know."

"Well, I vote we beat the shit out of them," Landon announced, leaning on his stick while watching Gavin bent over the pool table.

"How old'd you say they were, Nix?" Gavin questioned, flicking his eyes up to me curiously.

"Underage," I replied grumpily. 

The boys tsked, and we continued our game. Landon and Gavin were my two closest friends, and tonight we were hanging out at our usual place. Every Sunday night, we hung out at Burneys, an eighteen-and-up club housed inside a two story building with a basement. On the main level was the dance floor and bar, the second was a small restaurant and gambling area, and the basement was the game room. Currently, we were standing in a corner in the back of the game room where four pool tables and a couple of couches sat. 

"Uh...Nix?" a familiar voice asked hesitantly.

Gavin stood up straight and Landon nudged me with his elbow as both boys looked curiously at someone behind me. I turned with an annoyed sigh as I faced the room we were in. I narrowed my eyes and scowled at the timid boy in front of me, his sea foam blue eyes locked on the floor and his dirty blonde messed up in a way that made me wonder how many times he had ran his hands through it. The usual arrogance I had associated with him from what I had heard of his attitude at school, was gone and replaced with a shy and self conscious boy. It didn't fit the muscled and lanky kid.

"Dale, what are you doing here? You're not even eighteen," I began harshly, clenching my teeth as I tried to control my anger.

He flinched and curled his shoulders in a bit as he shifted from one foot to the other, his hands stuffed deep into his jeans pocket.

"I...I wanted to talk to y-you," he stammered, his cheeks turning a light pink under the dim lightning of the club.

"Fine," I conceded, crossing my arms and wiping my features of any emotion in hopes of not losing control and getting kicked out of the club for trying to kill the kid. That wouldn't look good on my record. "Talk."

He glanced up at me, then at Gavin and Landon.

"Whatever you have to say, say it or save it," I growled in irritation.

"O-okay, um...I-I'm sorry about your brother, I didn't..." He glanced at the boys again and licked his lips in nervousness as he blushed a darker red. I was curious now, what did he have to say that was so bad to make him act like this?