Social Pyramid

***A/N: This story was requested. The story isn't finished, but I thought I'd give you guys a preview of what's to come. I'll update this with the rest of the one shot and the request details later, but for now, please give feedback on what you thought of it so far. I was typing this up during a case of writers block, and so the depth of the story might be a bit shallow and emotionless. I don't know, I'm biased since I'm the writer, so I need you guys to tell me what you thought (constructive critism, not destructive).  

Does it switch tenses? Is it good? Bad? Do the characters seem flimzy or realistic? What drew you in? Could something be changed to help hook you to the story? Any and all feedback is appreciated, even if it is just a quick, "I love it! Please write more!" Because those comments are nice too :)

Copyright © 2014 by Gracilyn

-----------The Change----------

Sometimes love and hate danced along a thin line, the distance separating them hard to define until you all of a sudden find yourself stepping over it.

That's how I felt for Erik Myers.

Currently, Erik stood in front of me, his chestnut eyes staring down at me in amusement as I blushed from the skin to skin contact we shared between us. His hand, the skin rough from sports yet he hated playing on teams, was tangled in my hair, holding  large chunks of the dark blonde strands in his fist. It hurt, and yet all I could feel towards the boy breathing in my face and calling me derogatory names was a tingling sensation enveloping my body and a warmth that coated my cheeks and neck. A crush. 

I had a massive crush on my bully. How cliché was that?

"I thought I told you to stay out of my way?" he growled, yanking on my hair so that my head was tilted back painfully into the cold metal of my locker.

Thinking it was a rhetorical question, I bit my lower lip and tried to keep my body from doing the one thing I knew would earn me a beating.     

"I-I'm sorry," I stuttered quietly, hoping he didn't notice the way my eyes veered down to his lips every time he spoke.

With a grunt of irritation, he threw my head back into the locker before letting go and walking off down the hall, all while I flinched from the pounding in my head and slid down to sit on the floor, my gaze on him. His short ash brown hair was styled into a faux hawk with light brown highlights, allowing everyone to see the chiseled features and oval shape of his face. His chestnut eyes seemed to hold an icy glare to them whenever they settled on me, and his light tan glowed under the fluorescent lights. My gaze drifted downward to his firm ass in those dark wash fitting jeans, which showed off the muscles in his toned legs. His torso was just as perfect as the rest of him, but sadly from my view on the floor behind him, I couldn't make out the abs beneath his tight shirt.

I sighed, my sight landing on the tiled floor in front of me as my dream boy rounded the corner for the gym, where he would no doubt exit through the emergency doors and sit on the concrete steps behind the school. That was his favourite hangout, where he would sit during lunch or skip classes along with his friends. They were like the dark side of the school. On the light side you had the cheerleaders, the jocks, the players and sluts, and the drama freaks. In the middle you had the geeks, the nerds, the gamers, the Jesus freaks, and the average students. And on the dark side, you had the goths, the druggies, the alcoholics, the thugs, and the delinquents. It just so happened that Erik and his group of friends fell into the delinquent category, while I timidly teetered on the edge between normal and delinquent. Erik and his friends often called me a poser, for good reason. My status at this school was basically a poser, because I there'd on the edge of each circle of cliques. I had decent grades of Bs and As, so I wasn't a nerd. My computer skills were efficient but not good enough to class me as a computer geek. The eleven years of gymnastics qualified me for cheerleading, but I never had an interest in being the target of ridicule. My faith was neutral at best. I played games, but otherwise could care less about what game was in demand at the moment. My participation in the school play for the past five years was stage hand. The most sports I played was kicking a ball around with my older brother, Constance. Drugs and alcohol weren't my addiction, stealing and breaking and entering wasn't a habit, and the fact that I was still a virgin didn't settle well with the sluts and players of the school. All-in-all, I wasn't average, but I didn't fit in with the stereotypes either. If it wasn't for my crush on Erik and the fact that I felt most at home with the delinquents, I wouldn't have even bothered to fight my way into their clique.