Be Mine?

***A/N: This story was created as a request from GlowingDuck, who gave me this as a prompt: "Ooooh I'd love a classic jockXgeek kinda story :3 With like mutual pining and then one of them accidentally confesses and then happy ending ^^"  Hope it's what you were thinking, because I sorta hit a writers block around the second POV switch but got my mojo or whatever back tonight, so I was in the zone and finished the story (effectively forgetting about supper and earning myself a sore wrist. As a writer, you know what the zone is like and probably find yourself not realizing the time until the piece is finished or you hit another writers block.) But anyway, weird fact: while I was writing the ending, the song (I was playing music while writing) "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" by Beyonce Knowles began playing -it'll make sense when you read the ending. 

The inspiration for this story is from GlowingDuck, but all characters, plot, etc...is by me.

Copyright © 2014 by Gracilyn

Have fun reading and don't forget to comment! ***

________________________________________________________

Adam~

Sometimes the world is so ordinary that we become use to the day-by-day normality of our routines, so much that when something strange happens, our minds just seem to stop working. 

That was my life right now. 

Like usual, two of the football teams players had me cornered against some of the high schools grey lockers. Most of the people in the hallway just looked away, pretending I wasn't being bullied again. Not one person stepped forward to help me as Brodie Kenton smacked my books to the floor, or when his best bud Joe Johnson slammed me so hard against the lockers that my glasses fell off my face and the echoing sound of hollow metal filled the corridor. Without my glasses I couldn't see much more than fuzzy shapes and colors. But my tormentors only seemed to enjoy the fact that I was mostly blind, their laughter loud and mocking to my ears.

"The geek can't see without his glasses, can he?" Brodie asked in a fake sweet voice.

I timidly shook my head, praying that they would take pity on me and just give me my glasses back. To my horror, I instead heard the crunch of glass breaking under someone's shoe as they stepped on my only pair of glasses. I could have cried right there at the thought of not having my glasses. My single mother, God bless her soul, worked hard for her money and couldn't afford to buy me new ones every time some jock decided it would be fun to smash them.      

"Hey, dude, back off, alright? What did he ever do to you?" a new voice asked sharply, their tone implying that they were annoyed.

"Tucker, man, we were just having a little fun," Joe lied. 

Oh my gosh, Tucker's standing up for me. Tucker, the most loved and adored jock at this school. The best and most round about jock. Tucker, the boy of my dreams...

"Breaking his glasses is supposed to be fun?" Tucker inquired, emphasizing his disbelief as he practically spat the word 'fun'.

Joe snickered, but his amusement was quickly cut short as someone (most likely Brodie) must have elbowed him in the gut, causing him to groan.

"C'mon on Joe, let's get out of here before Mr. Perfect here starts a lecture on right and wrongs," Brodie grumbled, before their blurred figures started down the hall.

"You okay?" Tucker questioned with genuine concern, his tall blur of a body standing only feet away from me. 

I sighed, my mind still trying to process what just happened. Did Tucker Hails just save me from yet another session of 'How long 'till Adam breaks'? Tucker Hails, the guy I've been crushing on for four years?