Chapter 42 Right Next To Me

Chapter 42 ~ Right Next To Me

Summer in Cate’s POV…

We went to visit Grams and Ian in Los Angeles. Grams was absolutely thrilled to have us back. She is also happy that I will be studying in Stanford just like my parents. Seth and Liam followed us after a week. Those two just cannot stand being away from us. I love them like they are my brothers.

Grams hosted several barbeque parties for us. She advised me not to worry about being away from Dylan. She sounds so confident when she said distance will not be an issue in our relationship. She also repeated that crappy quote; absence makes the heart grow fonder. Anyway, I hope she is right.

Dylan and I spent each day together. We went to the beach to jog and swim regularly. I only have until summer to be with him every day and then I will be on my own. My only consolation is that Kendall and I will both be in Palo Alto. Aunt Lily promised to visit me here too.

We visited Stanford and checked the residences. Ian went with us since he is my official guardian until I am 21. Kendall and I will be living at the dorms on our first year. Ian and Dylan thinks it is safer for us to live at the dorms than to live off campus.

Ian lives six hours from Palo Alto so he said he cannot be with me at a moment’s notice. Better safe than sorry. I agreed because I do not have to wake up early to go to school since I am living in campus.

Kendall applied for housing earlier than me so there is a chance we might not be roommates. I just hope I do not have to spend an entire year with a roommate from hell. The coordinators said I will not know who my roommate is until fall. Oh great, just when I hate surprises.

I still cannot stop imagining living with Dylan in New York but this is my reality. I just hope that I can cope living away from him again. “Stop staring, babe.” He smirked. Sometimes I just blank out and stare at him. I pinched his side and told him I am going to miss him. “They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.” He said sticking his tongue out.

I rolled my eyes at him. He likes throwing these types of mushy quotes at me lately. “Seth and Grams have influenced you to be cheesy.” I said with a snicker. He just grinned at me. I pulled him close and kissed him. His arms tightened around my waist. “I love you, Captain Cheesy.” I whispered in his ear.

“I love you more, Crybaby.” He said with a grin and kissed me again. It was a cold summer night and we were out by the patio. I have the perfect excuse to snuggle closer to him.

We also went to France to visit my grandparents. My relationship with them has greatly improved. Grandpa said if he knew Dylan was the only person who could make me behave, he should have shipped him to Saint Remy before. They adore him. Even my grandma, the baroness who is usually cold and distant, fusses over him. My man can really turn on the charm when he wants to.

We borrowed Grandpa’s private yacht and met his skippers in Nice airport for our jaunt at the French Riviera. From Nice, our first stop is Villefranche. Dylan jumped behind the wheels and took control of the yacht. My plan is to snooze on the deck while covered in sunscreen lotion.

I got out of the cabin wearing my purple bikini and passed by Dylan. I rolled my eyes when I heard a wolf whistle. “Hey, beautiful stranger.”

“Hey, yourself. How are you enjoying this so far?” I asked with a smirk. He is staring lustfully at me and totally forgot about steering. I cannot help but laugh. “Why don’t you leave Skipper Phil here and put on some suncream on me.” I waggled an eyebrow. I then sauntered sexily toward the deck and laid on the towels.

He flopped down behind me and reached for the lotion. He massaged the sunscreen lotion on my back. I felt him smelling my hair and kissing my neck. “Shall I put some lotion on your legs, too?” He raised an eyebrow but he was grinning. I nodded smirking. I knew he wanted to do it anyway. He took time slathering lotion on my legs. I think he is enjoying what he is doing judging by the way he is smirking at me.