Chapter 10 The Inside Story

Chapter 10 ~ The Inside Story

I was not able to sleep immediately. I took out my sketch pad and drew my heart out. I made sketches of dresses, the lake house and the beach. I made sketches of Derek, Seth and Dylan.

I drew Ian. I miss my brother so much. I decided to call him since he should be up at this time anyway. I heard three rings before he picked up.

“Hey, sis!” Ian greeted. “I was beginning to think you are mad at me. You have not returned my calls since last week.”

I rolled my eyes. “I am mad at you. You didn’t even tell me that you planned on sending me to school here. Ian, you know how I do not like being caught off guard. A little heads up would have helped.”

“I wasn’t sure you’d go if I told you.” Ian said. I can imagine him shrugging and furrowing his brow.

“You never asked me. How would you know?” I accused him. I heard him sigh.

“My bad. I should have told you about my plans. It is your life after all. But I want you to know, I think this is what is best for you. How are you doing?” He continued.

“Good.” I said, nodding my head even as I realized he cannot see me. ”I’ve seen Derek, Dylan and Seth again. I am slowly catching up on what I have missed. Aren’t you coming over?”

“I’ll try. I have a lot going on right now. But I want to be there for you on the first day of school, to drive you to your new school…”He said.”…for the nth time.” I chuckled.

I can imagine him rolling his eyes at me. I know what he meant. He has always sent me to school on the first day of each semester. It just turned out that every new semester I would almost, always have a new school.

“I promise I will graduate from this school, Ian.” I said. I know I need to do this for myself. I would like to finish school and not get in anymore trouble.

“Glad to hear that.” Ian said. “Listen, I will call you next time. I have to go and work now. And it’s almost 2 am your time. Time to sleep.”

“OK. Take care. I miss you. Bye.” I rambled.

 ~*~

My window is being pelted with small stones. I rolled my eyes. This is a no brainer, only Dylan does that. I heard laughter followed by more pelting. I have no choice but to get up so I threw off my covers and walked over by the windows. I glared at the guys by the pool. My glare did not work. They just laughed more.

“Good morning, puffy eyes.” Dylan called out and winked at me.

“Good morning, beautiful.” Seth loudly said. “Come and join us for breakfast.” He added.

Great. I need to face these guys every morning the entire summer. I sighed. I skipped into my bathroom to brush my teeth, take a quick shower and change into a pair of denim shorts, white shirt and sneakers. It took me less than 20 minutes. I hurried down to the pool.

The sun is already up and my eyes hurt from the bright sunlight. Good thing I brought my sunglasses. I put them on and stepped out of the house.

“Hey, puffy. “ Dylan teased as I took my seat next to him. He attempted to snatch my sunglasses but I slapped his hand away. “Aww.” He protested.

I caught Seth staring at me. “What?” I snapped at him.

“Ooh, why are you so touchy in the morning?” He asked. “Here, eat.” He put a piece of toast on my plate. I took eggs benedict, another slice of toast and apple slices, too. Then I started to eat, not minding them. We all ate in silence.