Chapter 29 Whose Birthday Is It Anyway?

Chapter 29 ~ Whose Birthday Is It Anyway?

Dylan’s POV

It’s getting hot in here.

Cate’s short dress hiked up showing her thighs. I am trying my best to keep my hands to myself or I could just grab her and get a slap. I think the slap will be worth it though.

I am still waiting for that right moment to be with her although I don’t know how much longer I could take being near her but not being able to make love to her. I sighed. Me and my stupid ideas. I am consoling myself that my wait will all be worth it in the end.

I looked at Cate sitting beside me.

She couldn’t keep still. She is probably excited to drink and dance with her friends. Kendall and Georgina will be there. I don’t know if the other guys will be bringing dates. These three girls alone will be a handful.

I need to keep my eyes on her. She is wearing a short dress which will probably hike up again when she goes dancing. Her bare back is exposed so I had to force her to get a jacket earlier. I think she will ditch the jacket as soon as we are in the club. She is already fidgeting with the jacket’s zippers right now. 

Why did I let her out of the apartment wearing this?

I don’t remember buying this dress for her like she claims. I will not buy anything for her that exposes these much skin.

Hmm, I probably did just because I wanted to see these much of her skin. I smiled to myself. Slutty thoughts back off. I am having a moment here.

The club is packed when we arrived. We spotted Travis and Georgina huddled in a booth. Georgina finally succumbed to Travis’ charms. They are now officially dating.

Felix with his date Michelle came by our table when they saw us arrive. They were with some friends from the university.

“Happy birthday, Cate!”  Georgie greeted happily, throwing her arms around Cate. She has become one of her friends.

Cate is also happier now, I think. She has made friends in her new school.

“Let’s get you started…” Travis said wagging an eyebrow towards Cate.

Travis has been planning to get Cate drunk since they met. Well, he could do that now but I have my eyes on Cate. I will be watching like a hawk.

Just then, Liam arrived with a whole tray of drinks. Travis handed her a shot glass of tequila and pointed at the lemon slices. “Dude with your permission…” He said looking at me. “I want to get the girls really drunk tonight including your lady.”

“Pssh…” Cate said. “Don’t worry about grandpa Dylan. I am a big girl now. Give me that drink…” She reached out for the glass.

I raised an eyebrow. “Drink all you want. Just don’t throw up on me.” I wonder how drunk she could get.

Hmmm, I don’t want to take advantage of her when she is drunk but since she is looking this hot, I might reconsider.

She nodded vigorously to make her point and took a slice of lemon. She licked the salt on the back of her hand, drank the shot and sipped the lemon. “Whoa!!! Happy birthday to me!!!”  She shouted against the loud music.

Everyone at the table hooted as everyone took their shots with her.

She is grinning at me happily. It is funny how my mood changes along with hers. I feel happy when she is happy. She is like my happy pill.

Kendall and Seth arrived together which drew another round of hoots and whistles. Cate threw me a bewildered look, probably surprised and wondering why our best friends arrived together.