Chapter 5 Topless Boy

Chapter 5  ~ Topless Boy

I did not realize I missed riding so much.  I have always felt free just by being out in the tracks. I even tried jumping on the arena. I hoped no one would report this back to Ian.

The sun was already nipping at my exposed skin and my stomach is grumbling. Derek and I only had a light breakfast before we headed to the country club earlier. At this rate, it might already be around 11 in the morning. That means I have been riding for a good 4 hours. I decided to head back to the stables.

I dismounted and decided to walk alongside the horse. My bum is a bit sore from sitting in the saddle too long. I passed by the polo field and decided to watch the action. I spotted Derek. I cannot describe how good looking he is.

I noticed a group of young women on the stands. They seem older than me by a few years. They are probably college students or about Derek’s age. Each one of them cheering on or focused at a certain guy on the field. Could Derek have a special someone at the stands? I highly doubt he will have a shortage of women to admire him and keep him company.

The practice ended about an hour later. Some players walked over to the stands to chat with the women.  I turned towards the direction of the stables to bring back Aunt Lily’s horse when I heard something calling me. I turned back to see Derek rushing towards me. I stopped and waited for him to reach me.

“You did some jumps at the arena.” He said, looking at me accusingly. “I told you not to.”

“How did you…” I started to ask how he could have seen me practicing jumps when he was playing but quickly changed my mind. “You sound like Ian.” I said instead.

He sighed. “He asked me to look after you. So, yeah I think I would sound as worried as him. “

So that was it. Ian asked him to look after me. Derek was not really interested in me or anything.

“Well, you both worry too much.  In a few months, I will be 18. By then, I will be expected to take care of myself. Please don’t tell Ian about the jumps. I just wanted to try and see if I can still do them. I still have it in me to compete but I do not have the same drive or enthusiasm anymore.”

“Ian won’t hear about this but you said it yourself, you still have a few months before legally being considered an adult. Until then, you should expect us to fuss over you.”

We continued walking together and received a few curious glances. The women were probably wondering who I am and why I am with Derek. ‘You can have him all to yourselves, girls.’ I thought. He is not interested in me.

“I wouldn’t make it back to the villa for lunch. I am just too hungry.  You want to eat by the restaurant?” Derek asked interrupting my thoughts.

“Sure.” I said. I waited for Derek to change his clothes by the jeep. He may not be interested in me romantically but that will not stop me from checking him out. I feel like such a perv.  We headed to the restaurant afterwards.

We were joined for lunch by the other players and their dates. Derek introduced me to them but they were far too many for me to remember each one. A blonde girl stood out, though. Her name is Anne. I remembered her because she sat too close to Derek and was obviously trying to get his attention the whole time.

Good thing, her charms did not work. Derek was so attentive towards me during lunch and even stood up to get me a refill of my drink.  I smiled smugly at her when she finally realized Derek was not minding her at all.

We reached home in the early afternoon. I took a quick shower and decided to sketch but I quickly fell asleep.

~*~