Chapter 37 The Birthday Boy

Chapter 37 ~ The Birthday Boy

*Watch out for the change in POV and warning for the…uhm…mature content. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.*  

...And thank you for reading!!!   xD

Cate’s POV 

I woke up when I heard hushed voices by our bedroom door. I carefully got up so I don’t wake Dylan. It was Seth and Liam. “Sorry to disturb you. We wanted to know if you have surf boards.” They smiled at me, looking guilty.

I showed them where the surfboards were stored. “Do you guys need coffee or something? I bought some bagels you can heat in the oven. Eat something before you go.” I walked with them to the kitchen and helped them prepare some breakfast. It is only five in the morning. I gave them the keys to the jeep and they went on their way.

I crawled back to bed and slipped under the covers with Dylan. I was still tired from our…uhm…exercise the previous night. He stirred and wrapped his arms around my waist. Great, I was planning to make him breakfast in bed. How will I get out of his grip to do that? Oh well, I still have a few hours to snooze. His presence beside me has a calming effect. I fell asleep again.

I think I burnt him out last night. Dylan must have been really exhausted. He is usually up early. Right now, he is sleeping soundly beside me. I slowly lifted his arm which is draped across my stomach. I slid out of bed and went out of the bedroom quietly.

I decided to make some eggs, bacon and waffles. I also made fresh orange juice and coffee. I was arranging the food on a tray when Dylan walked into the kitchen. He is still just wearing his boxers and his hair is tousled as usual. “Hey, I am supposed to bring you breakfast in bed.” I smiled and winked at him which made him grin.

“I’ll have my breakfast here.” He gathered me in his arms and sat me on the countertop. He kissed my nose and planted small kisses all over my face.

“Happy birthday, my love.” I cupped his sleepy face in my hands and kissed him. His arms tightened around my waist and he tangled his fingers on my hair. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as he kissed the crook of my neck.

“Thanks, babe.” He whispered against my skin. His lips left a hot trail coursing through my body. I am now burning with desire. He licked my lips and explored my mouth as he deepened the kiss. I heard him moan at the back of his throat. His hand slipped inside my robe to massage my breasts.

A sigh escaped my lips. I pulled him closer as he eased my legs apart to stand in front of me by the kitchen counter, never breaking the kiss. He tugged at my robe, exposing my skin. His warm touch burned my skin even more.

“Oh, hello…” We froze at the sound of a woman’s voice. I turned to find my Grandma May standing by the kitchen door. Dylan hurriedly covered me with my robe again and I tied it tightly around my body. I can feel my face burning but my body feels so cold as if I had been immersed in an ice cold pool. “I saw the lights on. I thought Ian finally came home.” She continued still smiling at us.

She is not disturbed by the fact that she just walked in on her only granddaughter, half naked and making out with her boyfriend. I heard from my mom that Grandma May is a hippie. She is really cool, funny and laid back. Even so, I am still mortified that she caught me in a compromising situation. “Hey, Grams.” I hopped off the kitchen top and closed the gap between us to give her a hug. “Ian is still in Napa.”

She nodded. A genuine smile is still plastered on her face. “I see. Who is this handsome young man?” She studied Dylan carefully even leaning her head to the side. Her eyes lingered on his chest and his chiseled abs. If she wasn’t my Grandma, I would have been extremely annoyed. She looks like she is checking out my boyfriend.