Chapter 20 A Day with Prince Charming

Chapter 20 ~ A Day with Prince Charming

I crept into Dylan’s room again.  I found him in bed, still sleeping. He looks like a sleeping angel with a hint of smile on his face. I slowly and carefully lowered my face to kiss his forehead. I didn’t want to wake him up but I wanted to kiss him good bye before I left with Aunt Lily. I wanted to see her office and the work she does.

My lips barely touched his skin when his arms shot up and wrapped around my waist causing me to lose my balance and fall on him. “Good morning, Cranky.” I sheepishly greeted him. “Didn’t mean to wake you up.” I added, giving him quick kisses in his face so he does not get mad at me for waking him up. He just kept quiet, smirking.

I tried to get up and off him but he wouldn’t let me. His arms are still enveloping me. “Uhm. Dylan, you’re crushing my boobs.” I said trying to get up again.

“Ahh, we wouldn’t want that.” He chuckled and let me go. He raised himself up to a sitting position and his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed that I’m all dressed.

“Where are you going?” He asked after appraising my look. I was wearing a quarter sleeved blue top with tan colored short skirt. I have a black jacket on hand.

“I am going to the office with Aunt Lily. Will you meet me for lunch?” I asked, running my hand thru his messy hair. He took my hand and kissed it. He pulled me in and kissed me on the lips.

He nodded. “You got any other plans I should know about?” He raised an eyebrow. I shook my head. “I’m all yours this afternoon.”

“All mine?” Dylan grinned. His naughty eyes seem to twinkle. “Great. See you later then.”  I kissed him again and I went on my way.

 ~*~

Aunt Lily introduced me to her associates and assistants at the office. I have always been interested in fashion since I was a child. I used to play around this office when my mother was here. Aunt Lily let me sit in on a presentation on the new perfume they are developing. I also got to see designs for next season’s womenswear collection.

My mind is now swirling with new ideas for designs. I also wanted to infuse color to some of the clothes they presented. I could tell Aunt Lily about them but of course, they get to have the final say. Who would listen to a high school student anyway?

I was browsing thru some catalogues when Dylan sauntered in Aunt Lily’s office. He gave me a huge grin and my heart went on overdrive again. He is wearing a grey shirt that brought out the blue in his eyes and dark denim jeans. He looks like a fashion model. “Hey, Cranky. You’re early.” I said, standing up and walking over to him.

I stepped into his open arms and we kissed. “Hmmm. I wanted to take a stroll and then have lunch.” He said. “Plus, I miss you already. So…” he trailed off. He ran his hand down my back stopping on my ass. Hmm, sneaky, cranky boy. I don’t mind though. I’ll give him anything he wants. Anything.

“Let’s look for Aunt Lily. I’ll tell her we are going.” I said, picking up my bag.

“I saw her by one of the conference rooms.” Dylan motioned towards the direction of one of the conference rooms, taking my hand as we walked out of the office.

Everyone we passed by at the office stopped to stare at us. I feel so proud to be with Dylan. He looks like Prince Charming. We found Aunt Lily, said our goodbyes and went on our way.

Dylan did not bring his car so we walked along 5th avenue, sightseeing. I didn’t feel like checking out the shops again after my whole day shopping trip yesterday. For lunch, we ended up at Eataly. We feasted on pasta and pizza and wine.