Chapter 21 Summer Getaways

Chapter 21 ~ Summer Getaways

I heard my window being pelted with small stones before my alarm rang. I hurriedly took a shower and changed into my bathing suit. I put on a tunic to cover up then I headed downstairs where I found Aunt Lily already lounging by the pool. She was talking on the phone. Derek is doing laps. Seth is by the breakfast table Jessie has set up. I don’t see Dylan anywhere.

 “Hey, Seth! Where’s Dylan?” He turned to look at me and scratched his head.

“He went to get something. Cate, I am sorry about yesterday. I teased you too much.” He smiled apologetically.

I took the chair beside him. “Don’t worry about it.” I smiled back. 

 “Actually, I wasn’t teasing you about being inexperienced. I was teasing Dylan because I thought finally he got laid again.” Seth babbled, laughing. When he saw my surprised expression, he stopped. “Uh-oh. I said too much. Crap.”

 I was still thinking about what he said when someone kissed the top of my head. “Good morning, puffy.”

I looked up to see Dylan standing behind me. “Good morning, cranky.” I said, smiling. He handed me a bouquet of white and pink tulips. In my excitement and happiness, I stood up and hugged him almost causing him to lose his balance.

He laughed and held my waist to keep us steady. “If I had known you will be this excited over flowers, I would have given them to you every day.” Dylan said kissing my cheek.

I still can’t get the smile off my face. “You’re so sweet, cranky.” I said, wrapping my arms around his waist. I have received flowers from suitors but they do not know my favorite. They have given me roses. I appreciate white roses but nothing beats tulips. My family once went on a holiday in the Netherlands and I fell in love with the windmills and the tulips.

“Oh, Dylan that is so sweet. The flowers are really beautiful. ” Aunt Lily said. She is also holding a bouquet of flowers too. She got stargazer lilies, irises, roses and carnations in her bouquet.

Dylan scratched his head, smiling. “I heard Dad ordering flowers for you so I ordered Cate’s favorites, too.” I am still looking up at him dreamily. Is he for real? He waited for me to return and now he is showering me with so much love. I couldn’t help it. I kissed his face and gave another smack on his lips in front of Aunt Lily and Seth who were just laughing at the scene.

We were suddenly showered with water. Derek has surfaced from the pool and hit us with a splash of pool water. “Cheesy.” He teased but he was grinning from ear to ear.

“You’re just jealous because you don’t have a girlfriend, player.” Dylan retorted. Derek scowled and splashed us again with water when he went swimming the other way. We just laughed at him.

“I’ll put these in a vase.” I said, turning to go inside the house. “We’ll take that one, too.” Dylan said to Aunt Lily, asking for her bouquet. “We’ll put them in your room.”

We went back to the patio to have breakfast after fixing the flowers. We discussed Aunt Lily’s upcoming trip to Greece. Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan are so excited to go. They have travelled extensively but not for leisure. Most of the time, they travel for business or they got Derek and Dylan in tow.

“Maybe now we would have a little O’Connor.” Seth teased.

Aunt Lily laughed but was shaking her head. “I don’t think so Seth. If we would have little O’Connors, they would come from these three.” She said pointing at me and Dylan and Derek.

“Aww, don’t expect anything soon from Cate and Dylan. They have zero se…” Seth started to say but Dylan cut him off. “Shut up, Cohen!” I grinned smugly at Seth and stuck my tongue out. He turned his nose up but he was smiling.