Chapter 7 A Day at the Fair

Chapter 7 ~ A Day at the Fair

We walked a short distance to Seth’s house and were immediately greeted by children’s laughter. His sisters, Maddie and Macy, ran towards us when they saw us approaching.

Macy, the younger one, held up her arms to me wanting to be carried.  I have no experience in taking care of young children but I really love kids. I especially love cute, chubby ones. Macy is cute and chubby with curly, dark brown hair just like Seth’s. I bent down and picked her up.

“Cate, Macy is heavy. You should put her down.” Seth warned.

I shook my head. “I am stronger than you think. Remember, I am going to take you down?” I smirked, wagging my right eyebrow.

“Haha. You can’t take me down. But if you feel tired, just say so and I’ll take her.” He said taking Maddie with him. We walked towards the garage. Seth sat Macy in her car seat and I helped buckle Maddie’s seat belt. I took the front seat beside Seth.

“Ready, girls?” Seth asked.

“Readyyyyyyyy!” Maddie and Macy answered enthusiastically on my behalf as well. And we were off. 

We reached the fairgrounds in no time. Parents with young children were already milling around and lining up for the rides and shops. Macy immediately led me to the carousel and said she wanted to try it. Seth bought tickets for the girls and we watched them go round and round. We brought the girls to all rides they wanted to try. Seth and I agreed to check out the arcades later.

“Do you like kids?” Seth asked, glancing at me then back to watching his sisters who were playing the mini golf.

“Yeah, I do. I just do not know how to take care of them.” I said chuckling.

“Oh, you’ll learn. I learn a little every time I watch over the girls” He said, waving a hand. “So when do you plan to have kids.” He asked again.

“Definitely not right now.” I said. “Aunt Lily and Ian will not be so thrilled if I joined the cast of ‘Teen Mom’.” I added smiling.

“How about a boyfriend?  I do not see any boyfriend.” He said smiling and looking around.

“I left someone in France. I don’t know if he will wait. I don't even know what happened to us.” I said shrugging. I noticed Seth getting uneasy. “Is there anything wrong?” I asked him.

“The lady is here.” He said simply and slightly waved towards the direction I should look at.

“Trouble. What are you going to do?” I asked him. Seth shifted in his spot, trying to hide his face. “Uh-oh. I think she has spotted you.” I warned him and moved to try and cover him from view.

“What?! Oh, crap.” He said shaking his head. “I cannot be seen with her! Her husband will kill me.” He said, barely audible.

“Great.” I said smiling. “That solves my problem.” Seth frowned.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my right arm around his waist while my left hand reached for his face. “Baby, can we go and get something to eat? I am really hungry.” I said that louder than I should have and gave him my best pouty look and batted my eyelashes shamelessly. Seth realized what I was trying to do.

“Sure, babe. I’ll go and get the girls” He said louder than usual as well. “Meet me by the candy store.” He whispered and then winked at me and kissed my cheek. He hurriedly left.

Oooh, I’ll get you for that kiss, topless boy. I thought.

I felt movement behind me. Without even looking, I knew who it was. I spun around and came face to face with Lady Marquardt. I gave her my sweetest, most innocent-looking smile. Her eyes almost popped out of her sockets when she saw me. I do not know if she recognized me, though.

“Hello", I greeted her. "Is there anything I can help you with?” I asked pretending like I did not know her.

“Oh, nothing. I thought you were someone I know.” She stuttered, clearly caught off guard.

“I see.  Well, see you around.” I shrugged and turned towards the direction Seth took. I left the lady frozen on the spot.

Seth hugged me and gave me another kiss on the cheek when I reached him. “She is still looking at us.” He said.

I really wanted to turn and check but the lady might notice. Somehow I didn’t believe Seth that his paramour is still surveying us. He is probably teasing me again. This boy is really going to get it.

“Urgh. You owe me big time.” I said rolling my eyes. He just chuckled.

We got some corndogs, soda and baked potatoes from the food stands and ate at one of the tables.  Seth looks like a really caring big brother. He gives his sisters what they need or ask, cleans them up when they make a mess and the boy is very patient. I think he is a really sweet guy. It is just too bad he got on my bad side first.

“Are you Seth’s girlfriend?” Maddie asked, eyeing me.

 “No.” I said. “Not yet.” Seth said, at the same time. I glared at him.

“I want you to be my sister.” Macy said taking my hand.

“Make her your girlfriend, Seth. I like her.” Maddie said seriously while taking a bite of her corndog, glancing at me and Seth.

“I’ll try.” Seth said, winking at me. I just rolled my eyes.

We checked out the arcades after eating. Seth won all of us stuffed toys at the shooting booth. After another round of the mini golf, the young ones asked to be brought home.

“How’d you learn how to shoot?” I asked while we drove home. “Shooting range.” He simply said and shrugged.

“I have to make sure there are no guns around you. You just might finish me off. I haven’t thought of how to take you out yet.” I said playfully. Seth and I are still teasing each other about who will kill who first after our near accidental death episodes.

“Oh, you can take me out tomorrow.” He said with a mischievous grin. “You can take me to the lake house.” He added.

 “You know what I meant by ‘taking you out’, right? “ I asked with air quotes on 'taking you out'.

“Yeah.” He said, his shoulders shaking while he chuckled. “I just thought I’d take the opportunity to segue into an invitation to see you again tomorrow.”

I glanced at him. He seems serious with his invitation. “OK, I’d hang out with you tomorrow.” I said casually. He flashed me his dazzling smile.

Wow, topless boy actually dazzled me. “So, I gather you will be topless tomorrow?” I said wagging my right eyebrow.

He laughed. “For you? Why not.”

His parents were already in when we reached his house. They took the girls and Seth walked with me back to the villa.

“See you tomorrow?” He asked. I was looking at him and realized he is really cute.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.”  I said. “I need to go now and write my last will and testament in case you finish me off tomorrow.” I turned to go.

“I changed my mind.” I heard Seth say stopping me on my tracks.

“I have decided to spare your life.”, he continued.  I can hear his smile from the way he spoke. “I heard you mean the world to someone. I will not let anyone be unhappy if they can’t have you.” I whipped around and he winked at me. I just rolled my eyes and went inside the house.

 *~*~*~**~***~**~**~**~*

Do you like Seth now??? I do.   xD

Hope you like this chapter ....

Let me know thoughts... There are lots of free space below ;P