Chapter 22 Surprise!

Chapter 22 ~ Surprise!

By 11 o’clock in the morning, we are at the arrival lounge waiting for Kendall to arrive.  Kendall’s flight has been delayed for an hour and a half.

It is a good thing Seth insisted in tagging along with us since his family is still in Montauk. He kept on shuffling and dancing to the tune of his music player. Dylan and I are entertained by his antics. Arriving travelers were looking at him but he didn’t seem to care.

“Is Kendall as hot as you?” Seth asked finally taking a break from his ‘mini performance’ at the airport. I nodded smiling. “Hotter.” I suggested. He glanced happily at Dylan. “Hmm. Maybe I have found my match.”

Dylan smiled. “We’ll see. Her flight has finally landed.” He said motioning at the television screen indicating the arrivals.

After a few minutes, I saw Kendall’s redhead bobbing in the sea of travelers. I waved excitedly to catch her attention. When she saw me, she shouted my name too loudly and ran towards my direction. “Cate!!! I missed you.” She screamed and gave me a huge hug.

“I missed you too, girl. How was the flight?” I asked when we finally separated.

“Good but it was soooo delayed…” She trailed off, noticing my companions. She is staring at Dylan. I felt a pinch in my heart. I cleared my throat to introduce them.

“Kendall, this is Seth.” I said gesturing to Seth who seems to be undressing Kendall with his eyes. Kendall is wearing black skinny jeans and a grey sleeveless see through blouse. Kendall turned to look at Seth and shake his hand. “And this is my boyfriend, Dylan.” I said proudly, standing next to Dylan and linking my arm to his.

“Hi, Kendall.” Dylan said smiling at my friend. Kendall’s jaw dropped. “W-w-wait, boyfriend?” She asked looking at me, panic stricken. I nodded, smiling.

“Where are your bags?” Seth inquired at the same time that I heard my name being called again. 

“Caitlin.” I turned to see a tall and lean, blonde guy. He has a huge grin on his face and his eyes are lit up with excitement. I felt myself slump and my arms dropped to my side. I was unable to speak and I froze. He reached where I was standing with Dylan and he gathered me up for a hug. “I’ve missed you.” I just stood there unable to react.

Dylan and Seth were also apparently in shock. They stood there looking at me and the guy.

“Felix, this is Seth, Cate’s friend.” It was Kendall who introduced them because I think I turned into stone. “And Dylan, Cate’s…” Kendall said gesturing towards Dylan. “B-b-brother.” She said after a long gap. She bit her lip after she said it, unable to look Dylan in the eye. I felt Dylan tense even when we were a foot apart.

“Guys, this is Felix. Our friend.” Kendall said in a rush.

I could hardly make out her words. Blood is whooshing in my ears. It is like I am in a nightmare. In my head, I am screaming but no one hears me. Seth snapped out of it first and shook Felix’s outstretched hand.

“Hey, man.” Seth nodded and smiled at Felix. His smile looks pained. Dylan just nodded towards Felix. His hands are shoved in his pockets.

Felix turned to me, smiling. “Surprised?” He is oblivious to how I reacted. I nodded, apprehensively. I glanced at Dylan who has his jaw set. That simply means he is pissed off with me.

“I..uhm..what are you doing here?” I finally heard my own voice. He grinned. I used to melt with that grin and the way his eyes crinkled at the corners when he smiles.