Chapter 24 One Stormy Night

Chapter 24 ~ One Stormy Night

Even if Dylan is not my favorite person right now because he is hiding something from me, I am still excited to see him.

Kendall’s mom, Katie, was laughing at me because she said I couldn’t keep still in the backseat. I wonder if he would get mad at me for not waiting for him in the city or would he be psyched to see me sooner. I hope it is the latter.

“Why did Dylan go home without you?” Kendall asked, turning to me in the backseat. I was stretched out back. The drive is taking us longer than usual due to traffic. Even with the air conditioning turned on high, it still feels so hot and humid. Times like these, I want to be in a convertible and drive with the top down. That would be so cool. “Is he jealous of Felix?” She teased.

I shrugged and shook my head. “I don’t think he is jealous of Felix. Dylan wouldn’t tell me why he had to leave so soon. Seth won’t tell me too. Well, I am about to find out.” I huffed, crossing my arms to my chest. I don’t like secrets as much as surprises.

“Do you think there is another girl?” She asked, making a face. “I mean, Dylan is really gorgeous. There won’t be a shortage of women chasing after him. You also told me last night, you haven’t slept with him. If he isn’t getting any from you, then maybe he is shagging another girl?”

“Kendall! Do you really need to be talking about shagging and sleeping with whomever?” Her mom scolded her. She looks stern but I could tell she is stopping herself from laughing. Kendall is just like her, straight to the point.

“Mom, we are all adults here.” She reasoned out. “So?” She turned to me again, eyebrow raised.

I bit my lip. “There is this blondie who is chasing him. She lives around the area. They got together for a few months and then he split up with her after realizing he could not bear to be with anyone else but me.”

“Aww. That is so sweet.” Kendall purred. “Dylan is dreamy, noh? He feels like he is cheating on you even if you are not even together then. So, are you threatened by the presence of Ms. Blondie?”

I nodded, frowning. I am threatened by Julianna. I am threatened not because I fear Dylan will go back to her. I feel threatened because of what they said about her, that she is obsessive and will stop at nothing to get what she wants. What if she hurts me? Or worse, hurt Dylan? “Seth said she is obsessive and will stop at nothing to get what she wants.” I said, voicing out what’s in my head.

“And she has expressed that she wants Dylan back?” Kendall asked, calculating something in her head.

“Yup. Explicitly expressed.” I sighed and stared out the window. I hope she just backs off completely. I would back off if Dylan chooses her over me. Sure, I would cry. A lot. But eventually, we have to accept rejection, right?

“We should blackmail her, entrap her or something.” Kendall grinned wickedly. “We should entrap her doing something she will be extremely ashamed of and then blackmail her that we will expose her if she gets near your man.”

“Oh my goodness. I am a lawyer and my daughter is scheming like a criminal.” Katie commented.

Kendall and I just laughed. “We’ll see if we have to do it the extreme way, Ken.”

“Uh-oh. We better hurry. The rain will be pouring any time.” Katie said, glancing up at the sky.

It has grown dark and it is only almost 5 in the afternoon as per my phone. I noticed a message. I didn’t hear the message arrive. It is a message from Dylan asking me how I am doing and to take care of myself while he is away. I was composing my reply when my battery died.