Chapter 40 Decisions...Decisions...

Chapter 40 ~  Decisions...Decisions...

I was still staring in space when Dylan walked in. He brought more pillows. He knows I love sleeping with many pillows around me. I don’t think he knows that he is my favorite pillow. “Hey, babe.” He dumped the pillows on the bed and sat on the easy chair and winked at me. He motioned for me to come to him.

I stood up from my vanity chair and strutted toward him. He grinned and his eyes twinkled with mischief when he saw what I am wearing. I purposefully sat on his lap. He nuzzled my neck and I bit my lip to suppress a moan. Desire always shoots through my body whenever we touch. “What do you have there?” He noticed the letter I have in hand.

I handed it to him and watched his reaction as he read the letter. A smile formed at the corners of his mouth. “You got in. You are going to Columbia? ” I nodded and smiled. “Yes! I’ll get to spend more time with you.” He said happily and tightened his arms around my waist. He showered me with little kisses.

Now, I don’t have to worry about being away from him. I don’t think I can handle it anyway. I turned and straddled him. I cupped his beautiful face and crooned the song he played for me last Valentine’s Day just to tease him. “Let's, let's stay together…Loving you whether, whether…Times are good or bad, happy or sad…” He grinned. He seems so happy that I don’t have to go away for college.

I licked his bottom lip and he let me kiss him. I just can’t get enough of him. I am glad he is mine. He carried me to the bed and we prepared to sleep. We are both too tired after our trip but sleep did not come. Instead, we excitedly planned how we will spend our summer. He wants me to take him to Saint Remy. We will also go back to California to spend some time with Grams and Ian.

“Cate…” He said tentatively. He was resting his back on the headboard and I was using him as my pillow. His hand stopped massaging my belly. I looked up at him but he just stared back at me.

“Dylan…” I imitated the tone he used to call me earlier. He still didn’t say anything. I sat up and faced him. “Hey…” I pinched his side. He is deep in thought and still did not say anything. I showered his face with little kisses. “Cranky…”

“Would you like to share an apartment with me?” He blurted out suddenly. He looked at me then. I noticed that he is holding his breath. I grinned and nodded my head. I didn’t have to think. I want to be with him. I could marry him right now if he asked. He grinned widely and gripped me by the waist. “We could stay at my current place on your first year. When I graduate, I will buy our own place.” He looked hopefully at me.

“I will be where you are.” I hugged him tight. He kissed my cheek and I turned to offer my lips. He kissed me tenderly. I don’t know how or why but I feel his love for me through his kisses. He looks so happy that my heart also fluttered with joy. So, this is how it feels when he asks me to move in with him. I wonder how it would feel if he asks me to marry him. Hmm, I cannot wait for that day to come. We fell asleep in the early morning hours and prepared ourselves to face the future together.

 ~*~

I woke up in his arms again. He is still asleep and I cannot help but watch him. I am fascinated at the way his chest moves up and down when he breathes. He looks so peaceful and his face has a hint of smile. I hope he is dreaming of me. His hair is messy as usual. I shifted slightly and almost laughed when Little Cranky poked me in the tummy. Does he know he gets excited down there even when he sleeps?

Dylan stirred and I hurriedly closed my eyes. I pretended to be asleep. I felt him kiss my forehead and gently run his fingertips on the side of my face. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. He looks sleepy but he smiled back. My heart skipped a beat. I love to see his face first thing in the morning.