Chapter 23 His Point Of View

Chapter 23   ~ His Point Of View

Dylan’s POV

I could not ask for more. Cate, the love of my life, has agreed to be my girl a few weeks ago. She is as amazing as I remembered her. Heck, she is even better. She has a killer smile, gorgeous face and hot, rocking body to match her already great personality. She makes me laugh and everything about her is so cool and easy.

Sometimes, I get scared with all the trust she gives me. Whenever I kiss her or touch her, she is so giving. She definitely blows my mind.  It is like she would give me anything I ask for. I don’t mind that. I mind that she might think I am taking advantage of her.

I am scared that I might fail her or disappoint her. I am being careful not to do anything stupid that might upset her or scare her in anyway.  I used to flare up easily, sometimes getting into fights.  Cate wouldn’t call me Cranky for nothing. Seth or Derek would keep me in check. Now that I have her, I became more careful in how I react. In a way, she has mellowed me down.

We picked up her friend Kendall from the airport yesterday. She came with additional baggage, Felix, Cate’s ex. If I were the old Dylan, I would have gone ballistic just by seeing her ex. The boy is considered gorgeous in female standards. He is tall, blonde and blue eyed. Any female would worship the ground he walks on. I didn’t know Cate liked blondes. Should I dye my hair? Nah.  

I am now looking at my hair in the mirror. Darn, I need a haircut. I am starting to look like Justin Bieber and that is soooo not good. I am actually going for a more mature and professional look, not a young, pop singer.

Seeing the way Felix looks at Cate during lunch, he is definitely still into her. I bit my tongue just so I do not say anything I might regret later. I would have lashed out at Cate for not clearing things up with Felix before we hooked up.

I have encouraged her to deal with Felix issues before we even got together. She must have forgotten. I would like to think she forgot about him because of me. Yeah, maybe she forgot about him because of me. I’ll give her that. I’ll give her the chance to explain when she is ready. I’m sure she has valid reasons for not dealing with Felix soon enough.

Crap, what if she is confused? What if she is torn between me and Felix? I shook my head trying to remove those thoughts out of my head.

No, she isn’t confused. I could see her love every time she looks at me. I could feel it in every kiss. She might not love me as much as I love her, but I know that she does.

She does seem shocked and annoyed at Felix’s arrival. She hasn’t told me what happened with her and Felix’s mother but it might have been something to do with that.

Felix, on the other hand, seemed oblivious to how Cate reacted. He had his hand on her back when we got out of the airport. I wanted to yank his arm away from my girl. Again, I just have to keep my cool for Cate. I must’ve counted up to a million just to calm myself down. OK, maybe just a thousand. The walk from the arrival hall to my car was short. I kept glancing at Cate the whole time but she seemed far off. She wouldn’t smile or say anything. I wondered what is going on in her mind.

When we reached the apartment and Cate and Kendall were unpacking in the bedroom, Seth told me that he has received several messages from Lady Marquardt. She was asking if what Julianna told her were true. As per Julianna, Seth and Cate are not dating. Lady M said Julianna is going berserk about being lied to. Apparently, Julianna saw Cate and I together at one of the concerts we attended last week with my friends.

It would have been easy to deny and still make her believe that Cate is not a threat if she hadn’t seen us kissing. Seth and I are thinking of how to deal with this mess before it gets out of hand. Julianna does whatever she pleases. I dread that one of those things could be to hurt me or worse, Cate. Speaking of Cate, I think I saw her silently approach.