Chapter Seventeen

*Useful Words*

UCD, UL, UCC = Colleges in Ireland

*A Week Later*

Harry, Amy, Zayn, Louis and Rachel were leaving for college the next day so we all spent the day together because we didn’t know when the next time we’d be able to hang out was. We were at Amy’s house, she had organised plenty of food so we were all glad to be there. Niall and I were very happy, it seemed that after our date, we got to know each other even more and were suddenly even closer than before. Liam and Ciara were still their usual selves as well. Things were starting to ease up with Louis and I, we were talking again, and it was looking like it used to again.

Louis was going to UCD as was Harry, Amy was going to UCC, and luckily for Rachel and Zayn they were both going to study Arts in UL. They were very lucky to get to do a course that they both loved together. Harry and Louis were also lucky to at least be going to the same campus as each other, they wouldn’t be alone. But I felt so sorry for Amy, she was about to embark on her trip into the real world alone with nobody by her side. I noticed that there was a bit of tension between herself and Harry, but I just put it down to the fact that they were going to be away from each other for a long time and they didn’t want to face the facts or something like that.

“Jennifer?” Niall called, dragging me away from the trance I was in.

I always did that, think about other people and what they could be feeling and then forgetting about what’s going on around me.

“Yeah?” I replied shaking my head slightly.

“So I was thinking…” He began, handing me a glass of coke and sitting down beside me. “We should tell our parents about us.” 

“Oh…” I said under my breath.

“Think about how much easier things would be for us if they knew. Like, I don’t like going to your house anymore because I have to be careful there, and I don’t like having you at my house because we have to be careful there too.” He knew I wasn’t keen on the idea.

“I know but it’s going to be so awkward when we tell them!” I whined.

“So what?! It’ll be easier in the long run don’t ya think? And come on, it’s not like your parents won’t approve, they love me!” Niall laughed.

“Yeah that’s why it’ll be so weird! You were always like a brother to me, and they’re going to think it’s weird too!” I complained.

“My parents love you too! Come on! The lads didn’t find it that weird did they?” he had a point.

I shook my head.

“So then…” he looked at me, his eyes begging, I could tell how much he wanted to do this.

“Fine!” I sighed.

His face began to light up even more.

“Thank you!” He hugged me tight.

“You do realise that this could change my fathers opinion of you?” Niall and my dad were like best pals, they always were, dad kind of treated him like another son.

“That’s a relationship I’m willing to sacrifice!” he winked.

I laughed and hoped that he was right about all this and that it wouldn’t go terribly wrong.

“Heya!” Ciara beamed.

Niall had gone over to the lads to have the banter and I was just sitting by myself looking at all my friends, wondering if all this would change after tomorrow. But Ciara quickly interrupted my thoughts.