Chapter Three

*Helping Words*

 Shift= Snog

 Fella = lad/boy

*Friday Evening*

I had asked Ciara, my closest girlfriend, to come out as well. Her and I were close, but not half as close as Niall and I. She was my best friend during the period of time when Niall and I hardly spoke. So when Niall and I were friends again, I wasn’t going to ditch her, but I didn’t want to either, I always needed a girl friend around!

Ciara was going out with Liam, he was the cutest guy ever! I was so jealous of Ciara, not only was he gorgeous with his brown eyes, slightly wavy dark hair and moles on his face and neck, but he sure knew how to treat a girl. They had been going steady for about a year and were showing no signs of change. So Liam was also coming out with us, we were lucky that in our school most years got on well with each other, because I know that in some schools the 6th years wouldn’t be very happy with all the 5th years going out on the town with them.

Me and Ciara got ready at my house, I wore a navy playsuit with a pair of red heels and Ciara had chosen a tight fitting block coloured dress and black heels. By the time we had hair and makeup and everything done it was 8:30. I called a taxi, and while I did this, Ciara started on a nagan of vodka. I don’t drink, I am a firm believer that you can have a good time without drink…I do every time I go out. Unfortunately I couldn’t drive and that’s why we had to get a taxi, Ciara can drive but she drinks so it was no good! I lived outside Mullingar in the countryside so that was the main problem. But Ciara lived in town so I would just crash at hers for the night and walk home the next morning, saves a few quid on a taxi home again.

By 9 o clock we were in the taxi heading into town, we met Niall and Liam outside The Field, which was the pub where most people started the night. I wasn’t too worried about seeing Louis, he obviously didn’t care about whether I was there or not so I just wanted to have a good time.

We were having a good time dancing and singing, everyone else was drinking alcohol and I drank coke! At midnight we still hadn’t moved from The Field, the atmosphere in there was just unreal! I was on my way back from the bathroom when I noticed that somebody was obviously having a lot of fun and drinking a lot! I saw Louis eating the face off some girl I didn’t know in the corner. I had no right to feel hurt, but I did, I couldn’t help that I liked him and it hurts to see the lad you like, making out with another girl. I walked away, persuading myself to get over it, forget about it and enjoy the night. Luckily Niall wasn’t spending much time with Jane because otherwise I would have been such a third wheel to Ciara and Liam. When I got back to where they were all sitting, Niall noticed straight away that something was wrong… was I that easy to read?!

“What’s wrong Jen?” He was genuinely concerned which I was surprised at considering the amount of alcohol he had consumed.

“Louis definitely doesn’t like me…” I decided there was no point in lying and saying everything was grand.

“How do ya know?” Niall asked.

“He’s over there kissing someone else!” I pointed in the direction I had seen the pair.

“Ah here.” Niall gave me a big hug.

“Do you want to go somewhere else and forget about it, have the craic? Maybe even get the shift?” he winked.

“Yeah okay, if ye don’t mind now?” I looked at Liam and Ciara who looked fairly comfortable where they were sitting.

They both shook their heads.

So we all headed to the next place in town, the atmosphere was great there too, the whole town was buzzing on the night. We had great craic too, Niall and Ciara drank a lot and soon were both very drunk, Liam didn’t drink as much and was just a bit on the tipsy side, whereas I was completely sober. I managed to forget about Louis for a while and enjoy myself…I may have even got the sneaky shift! Overall I ended up having a great night and by the time I got back to Ciara’s house, I didn’t even know what time it was, I just wanted to get to sleep!