Chapter Twelve

*Useful Words*

Eejit = Fool

For the rest of that day me and Niall did exactly what we had planned on doing. We did nothing. We spent a while just lying on the grass in the field talking, it was a lovely day, the sun was shining down on us brilliantly and there was barely a cloud in sky. The cool breeze was soothing while we spoke about everything and anything.

“When we tell people about us, they’re gonna think it’s so weird…” I stated.

“Who cares what everyone else thinks!” I loved his care free attitude.

“I kinda do…” I looked shameful.

“Well I don’t so I’ll look after you!” Niall smiled.

“Our parents Niall, they will think it’s really weird, like they know what the two of us are like and what we have been like for years. How will we tell them?” I asked worried.

“Don’t worry okay, it’ll all be fine.” Niall reassured me and kissed my forehead.

It started to get a little chilly as the sun started it's descent, so the two of us headed back into my house.

“We should have a movie night!” I suggested.

“I haven’t been home in like 2 days Jennifer, I should probably go home.” Niall said.

“Oh you’re sick of me already I get it.” I pretended to be upset and walked away sulking.

Niall ran up behind me wrapping me tight in his arms.

“I was sick of you like 10 years ago…I just learned how to put up with you!” he laughed in my ear.

I hit his arm fairly hard.

“Okay I’m sorry, I’ll never be sick of you!” he said seriously and I smiled.

“That’s better!”

“Well anyways the option is there if you want to stay here tonight? We can pretend you’re sleeping on the floor in my room!” I winked at him.

“How about I go home and get changed and stuff and come back later?” He suggested.

“Perfect!” I beamed.

“But in that case you can bring food, and some good movies!”

“Fine.” Niall moaned sarcastically.

Niall came towards me and kissed me gently before he left my house.

“Don’t miss me too much!” He exclaimed on the way out.

I giggled in a really girly way.

I went for a shower and I did a lot of thinking in there, as you do when you’re in the shower. I thought about how weird it was that everything is after changing so much for me. I couldn’t help but smile like an eejit to myself whenever I thought about Niall. I felt like a 12 year old girl with a crush or something!

I expected my family would all return home at some stage, but I didn’t know when and I hadn’t a clue of where they all were. It was 7:30 when I was finished in the shower and dressed. I was too lazy to even bother drying my hair so I just tied it up messily when it was wet. I set the laptop up in my room so we could watch the movies up there.

At about 8:00 Niall arrived back to my house. At this stage, all my family were home so we had to be careful. I had told mam that Niall was coming to stay the night, for her I’m sure it sounded normal, he had stayed the night many times before. But for me, it felt really awkward this time. She had asked me about the debs seen as she hadn’t spoken to me since but when she did I glared at her because I knew there was going to be a lot of explaining to be done and I really didn’t feel like it. Seeing the look I gave her, she knew that it wasn’t the right time to be talking to me about it so she let it go…but I knew it wasn’t going to be the last time she’d ask about it.