Chapter Six

When we got back to the house, Louis started acting normal again, thank goodness.

“Where did you two get to?” Niall gave me a sly wink.

We were obviously the last back from the beach. Had we really been that long? I could smell the food that Ciara was dishing onto plates and it smelt delicious.

“Just down the beach.” Louis said smiling at me.

Nothing more was said, I’m sure Niall didn’t want to be hearing the ins and outs of what he thought we were doing on the beach… When in fact we didn’t do anything on the beach and that was the reason Louis had been acting strange.

It was nearly 7pm by the time we had finished dinner and cleaned the place up. Everyone went out onto the patio and started opening their cans of beer. I had warned them all not to drink too much because I didn’t want to be their minder for the night, but I knew as soon as they had a few drinks in them, my warnings would be a distant blur in their memories. Luckily enough, we hadn’t brought a lot of drink so there wasn’t too much to get drunk on. We spent most of the night just sitting around, talking, having a laugh, and sharing the gossip. At one point there was a water fight; it started because Harry spilt his drink on Niall. Niall then picked up the bottle of water beside him and sprayed Harry with it, hitting Zayn with it in the process, then Zayn had to get back at Niall, and so on and so forth. Soon enough all hell had broke loose and there wasn’t just a water fight, but a water war!

After that everyone was cold and their teeth were chattering so we all went inside. After a while, everyone except for Louis, Niall and I had gone their separate ways to change their clothes and get into bed.

We were sitting in the sitting room, Louis and Niall stared blankly at the television as I flicked through the 4 channels Niall’s granny had on her television.

“Well I don’t know about ye but I’m knackered! So were ye thinking of moving it any time soon?” Niall spoke

“Niall Horan; putting things straight since 1993!” I laughed.

“Yeah well… whatever! But seriously I want to sleep and for tonight this is my bedroom!” he complained.

“Okay Niall, we’ll get out of your hair.” Louis said as he stood up.

He put out his hand for me to take it and then he led me up the stairs towards our accommodation for the night.

When we reached the room, he kissed my lips softly and then left to go to the bathroom.

I was looking through my over-night bag a couple of minutes later when Louis arrived back in.

He crept up from behind, and snaked his arms around me and began to kiss my neck. He then spun me around to face him, so he could kiss my lips. At first the kiss was gentle and romantic, but after a while it became rough and wet. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t enjoying it, because I was. His hands started wander around my body until they found the hem of my shirt. He lifted my shirt over my head, our lips only barely parting to allow him to remove the shirt. At that moment my head was buzzing with thoughts. A part of me said I should stop it sooner rather than later. But another part of me was enjoying it too much to bring myself to stop it. Next he pulled his own top off over his head, then he gently pushed me back on the bed and he hovered above me while we continued to kiss. He undid the button on my shorts and slowly pulled them down. My head was spinning, I didn’t know what to do. I was enjoying it but I wasn’t ready. How was I going to tell Louis that I hadn’t done this before and that I still wasn’t ready for it. He would have thought I was a freak or something, but I had always promised myself that I wouldn’t let myself be pressured into it, When I did it, it would be when I was ready for it. While I was concentrating on all these worries in my head, Louis was continuing his handy work and meanwhile had unhooked my bra. Before I knew it we were both kissing each other with bare chests pressed against one another. I could feel Louis’ heart beat in my own chest. But something felt really wrong about what we were doing. As Louis began to reach for the soft fabric of my underwear, I got a burst of energy, a burst of confidence.