Chapter Ten

I didn’t know what to do.

I stood still, not able to move due to the shock for ages.

I stood there, just watching him shift somebody else as my heart broke into millions of tiny pieces.

What could I do?

I wasn’t any good at confrontation, if I said anything I’d just break down in tears.

And I couldn’t do that, I’d look so weak.

But the tears were already pricking the back of my eyes.

So I did something I was very good at.

I ran.

Leaving the 2 of them to continue, oblivious to the fact that I had caught them.

I ran, feeling the tears urging to escape.

I ran out to the front door of the hotel until I thought, where was I going to go?

I didn’t want to go home, yet I couldn’t stay.

I wanted to be alone, but I wanted Louis to come give me a kiss and tell me it wasn’t him.

I wanted to believe that my eyes had deceived me, but I was certain of what I saw.

I stopped and walked slowly around to the side of the entrance where there was a few small tables and chairs in a secluded alcove. I took the seat in the corner where I’d be the least visible. I couldn’t hold it in any more I had to let it out. I leaned my head on the table in front of me and let the tears escape.

I heard people coming and going, and laughing and joking but I didn’t really know it. I was in my own world, a world where all there was, was my thoughts and me. The tears continued to stream down my face as I debated over what I should do, getting nowhere in the debate with myself.

I heard someone call me.

“Jennifer!” I knew that voice.

“Jen!” I definitely knew only one person that called me that.

“Jen” the voice called me again.

It was Niall, but I was frozen, I didn’t reply. I didn’t know whether I wanted to or not. There was a worried tone in his voice but I couldn’t respond I stayed still, part of me hoping he wouldn’t see me and leave, the other part wishing he’d see me and comfort me.

The latter part won.

“Jen what’s going on? We’ve been looking for you everywhere!” Niall shot to my side.

I immediately felt the ability to move again and slowly raised my head to look him in the eye. My makeup was all smudged, my hair I supposed was a mess, so Niall knew straight away something had happened.

He didn’t ask any questions straight away, he just hugged me tightly. After a good 5 minutes of a hug, he broke the silence.

“Do you want to stay here or how about we walk home and you can tell me what happened on the way?” He suggested.

I nodded at the latter idea.

“Can you go get my bag from the cloak room, it’s the silver clutch, you’ll know it when you see it.” I smiled weakly and Niall nodded and smiled sweetly.

As soon as he was out of sight I quickly ran into the reception desk.

“I need to cancel my booking for tonight.” I stated to the receptionist.

“There is a no refund policy, if the cancellation is made too late.” She smiled.

I hadn’t time or the care to worry about a refund.