Epilogue {part two}

Epilogue

One Month Later

Part Two

"WAIT, JULES, QUIT IT!" Skye squealed, flailing her arms in a vain attempt at pushing Jules away. "Come on, I—I'm serious, knock—it—off!" With fleeting breaths, she squirmed underneath her boyfriend's tickling hands, hitting and kicking, desperately trying to suppress her uncontrollable laughter. Problem was . . . it seemed impossible. He'd been tickling her for too long, and even though she hated him for it, there was no chance she'd be able to contain her laughter until he stopped.

"Be honest, Skye," Jules said around a sly, lazy grin, "you love it." With one hand still working on the sensitive spots beneath her shirt, he gently tangled the other in her hair and bent down to give her a quick, and nearly fulfilling enough kiss on the lips.

She could feel him laughing—at her, no less—and, despite how warm and good it made her feel being explored and played with by Jules, she bucked against him, gaining enough control to veer his focus away from tickling her. "Like I said before," she gasped, breathless from not only the laughter but also their close, intimate contact. "You—are—a—-total—idiot."

Suddenly, and to Skye's utter surprise, Jules collapsed on top of her, barely supporting himself enough so that she wasn't entirely squished between him and the living room's couch cushions. And, with his hands quickly at both sides of her face, he pressed his lips against her forehead, then her nose, and then, when she closed her eyes from the intensity of it all, her eyelids. "Maybe I am an idiot. However, you've got to admit, I'm a very sexy one."

Despite the heat of his touch, and the breathtaking intensity of the entire situation, she couldn't help but let out a small, quiet giggle, along with a faint whimper. From the way he'd spoken those ridiculous, childish words (even if she couldn't agree with them more), her heart fluttered anxiously, and her skin tingled, aroused by the deep, seductive tone of it all.

Her small, shaky hands grasped onto the smooth, squishy couch cushion directly beneath her, and, ignoring the side of her that warned her not to taunt Jules any further—especially considering the fact that they were only one room away from where Leah and Joe were preparing dinner—she pressed herself against him, kissing his lips and asking for entrance. When he caved in (which took little convincing on her part), his taste collided with her mouth, and she explored him carefully, taking her time.

He growled in the back of his throat, and after a mindboggling minute suspended in his enriching presence, she pulled away, out of breath and at a loss for words. There was nothing she could say that didn't request for more, so she said nothing, knowing from the racing of his heart and the creasing of his forehead that he wasn't sure more was a good idea. And, as difficult as it was for her to admit, she knew it was time their little playtime was over. If they continued any longer, there was a good chance that Leah or Joe could walk in, see them in their . . . compromising position, and babble on and on about the dangers of what they were up to, spoiling the mood.

"Rain check for later?" Jules whispered, snapping Skye out of her rather unappealing thoughts. "Right here, right now is probably not the best idea."

Unable to string together a mere few words, she simply nodded her head and opened her heavily lidded eyes, peering around the blurriness to find a glossy eyed, practically glowing Jules. The boyish smirk on his face crushed her in a wave of her own desire, stealing away any chances she'd had at finding her voice—and breath—again.