15. Broken {part one}

Chapter Fifteen

Broken

Part One

Bryan rammed himself into the post, reaching out for Skye the moment he made it there. He tried to pull her into him, to comfort and protect her, but a large hand stopped him, catching him by his neck. He stumbled back, anger and pain coursing through his inflamed body, and sneered at the man he despised calling father. He grabbed his father's arms, digging into them until he knew he broke skin.

"Get away from her," he spat, choking on the words. He was growling, his anger charging through his veins as he stared into the cold eyes of his father. He hated him. There wasn't one part of him that felt love towards the man before him; he was only the monster who abused him and others.

His father laughed, grabbing Skye's shoulder and pinching it, painfully. He yanked her against him, his arm still extended towards Bryan's neck. "You're in no position to be telling me what to do, son," he sneered. "Besides, you and I both know that I could snap your neck right now, and then do the same to miss perfect right here." He snaked his arm around Skye's neck, her body shaking as sobs escaped her, and took a long whiff of her scent. He smiled, slightly.

Bryan glared at him, knowing he was right. He fought the tight and repulsive grip on his neck, trying to pry the hand away. "Let. Go." He managed.

"As you wish," his father said. He slammed his foot into Bryan's chest as he let go of his neck, knocking him down to the floor.

Bryan coughed, blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. He crumpled in pain, groaning as his vision blurred and spun. Vaguely, he heard Skye's protests to his father. He heard the shuffling of their feet growing in distance, her words and screams muffled by his father's gruff voice, and the painful word he heard most clearly: Help.

Crawling to his feet, he scurried behind them, the room spinning before him. He saw his father taking her unwillingly into Bryan's room, and before he had time to even think about it, he found himself slamming into them.

They were sent to the ground; Skye whimpered as she tried crawling away, Bryan's father grunted in irritation, and Bryan slammed his fist into his father's face. He knew that, in one regard, it hurt him more than his father, but he didn't care. All he wanted to do was to inflict discomfort on him, tearing him down just as he had done to him. He was trying to hurt Skye, just as he had with how ever many girls before, and Bryan couldn't stand it. He could kill him for what he had witnessed.

In one quick movement, Bryan's father had him tossed against the wall with some incredible strength. Bryan winced in pain, his head feeling as though someone had bashed a rock onto it. He tried to blink away the blurriness in his vision but couldn't manage it; the room was cloudy and swirly.

He heard Skye scream and the moan of the mattress, and scrambled to his feet, searching with his eyes for the sight before him. When the blur faded a little, he gagged on his own saliva. He froze, watching the horrid sight in front of him, bringing anger and putrid memories to his mind.

"Get off me!" Skye cried, her screams piercing Bryan's chest like a sword. She was underneath his father, fighting against the immovable strength of the man above her. Her feeble cries were coated with sobs as the man ripped her clothing, tearing her apart right before Bryan's eyes.

He did the only thing he could possibly think of in that moment, and screamed for his father to stop. "Wait!" he yelled. His voice was cracking, but he managed to keep it strong and angered. "Let me do it first," he added, quieter seeing as how his father had peered over to look at him. "I want her first." He wanted to puke, the vile in his throat choking him. He hated saying those words. He knew they weren't true. He was far too angry and disgusted with his father to even think about hurting her; besides, he remembered his promise to her, and he was keeping himself in check, protecting her.