8. Complicated Nightmares {part two}

Chapter Eight

Complicated Nightmares

Part Two

Skye sat downstairs on the couch, watching the TV but not really understanding what was on. She couldn't get Jules out of her head, she couldn't forget about him, and she wanted him back in her house with his arms around her. She wanted to feel his touch, to smell his scent, and to see his beauty. She needed him back. The only thing that she could think about was that he was going to be back for her.

Her cell rang out in her hand and she jumped before clutching it tightly and flipping it open. Rachel was calling her.

"Hey, what's up?" She answered immediately.

"I have a surprise, are you home?" Rachel asked bluntly.

Skye flinched, taken aback. "Yes, I am. What's the surprise, Rachel?" She asked timidly.

Rachel laughed on the other line. "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" She giggled, satisfied with herself. "Skye, open the front door, I want to show you the surprise."

Skye rolled herself off of the couch and walked over to the front door, her head throbbing from having so many things going through her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about Jules. The moment she opened the door, Rachel squeaked and wrapped Skye in a huge hug.

Rachel peeled herself off of Skye after a moment and grinned vibrantly. She turned around and waved someone on, giggling under her breath. "Come on, Victor."

Skye stared at her friend, confused but sort of giggly. "Rachel, I know Victor, I mean sort of, is he your surprise?" She asked her friend, shying away at the memory.

"Yes, I know, but he is the surprise. Basically, I am going to give him to you for a day, he's a good chauffeur, you two will have fun. Just don't go too crazy, I mean—" Rachel rambled on, hardly stopping to catch a breath, as Skye watched her intently, slightly startled. She was giving Skye Victor so that he could chauffeur her around? She didn't want to go anywhere, she wanted to stay at home and wait for Jules to show up, he meant so much to her.

"Rachel, I don't need a chauffeur, I'm staying home today." She whispered to Rachel as Victor stepped out in view, his tall and masculine build hidden by large dark clothes. He still looked almost frightening, but when he smiled it was almost as if he had knocked the wind out of Skye, just by his own beauty.

Rachel giggled and slapped Skye's shoulder playfully. "Skye, don't be silly, I can't take you out today, so let Victor do it. Jules suggested it, he wants you to have someone to watch out for you, he thinks that you're not safe, which I think is pretty ridiculous, but gosh, it's so adorable too. He wants you to be protected, he's such a sweetheart."

"He said that?" Skye asked in disbelief, her gaze glued to Victor, searching for an explanation as to why he was the one chosen to "protect" her. She hardly even knows Victor. Suddenly, Skye remembered where she had seen Victor: at Buxton's, he was the boy hanging around Jules. "You know Jules?" Skye asked Victor, narrowing her eyebrows at him.

Victor nodded, his grin slipping into a smirk. "I've known him forever, we're good friends." He said, his dark and heavy voice startling Skye. It was such a beautiful sound though, deep, but beautiful.

She smiled at him; only, she wasn't smiling at him as much as the thought of hearing Jules' beautiful voice again. She was slowly losing her breath without him around. How did it all happen so fast? She could tell that she was falling for him deeply, quickly, and almost perfectly. Her heart started beating quicker as she thought of him, as she thought about his smile and his laugh, and his eyes and his voice—all incredibly perfect.