7. Torn Apart {part one}

Chapter Seven
Torn Apart
Part One

Skye opened her eyes drowsily to find a coffee table right in front of her. Her eyes shot open and she realized that there were strong arms holding her close. Her head was throbbing and aching, so much that she thought it would explode. What's going on? She thought offhandedly. She pushed gently on the arms engaging her and winced as a pain pierced her head. She sucked a breath in sharply when Bryan's arms squeezed her. A smile crept up his face.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked Skye drowsily. Skye shut her eyes tightly and took a deep breath.

"Nowhere—I mean I was just going to go to the bathroom." She stammered in a whisper.

"The bathroom? Skye, come on beautiful, you expect me to believe you? You broke our promised agreement." He said sinisterly.

Skye felt overwhelmingly cold, despite Bryan's warm arms around her. "No I—I'm so sorry, Bryan. But, you can't be mad at me for getting out of the house; you sure got around when I was all alone at home." Skye's body started shaking and she tried to hold back the fear. She was still entirely angry at Bryan, but there was still that part of her that wanted to work things out and forgive him.

Bryan swallowed hard on his own anger and squeezed her even tighter, squeezing the breath right out of her. Skye could feel the vibration of his quiet laughter roughly against her back. "The difference being, I didn't promise anything." He whispered slyly in her ear, the warm breath sending chills down her spine.

Skye gasped and her eyes suddenly stung. "Do you even love me anymore, Bryan?" She said softly, her entire body trembling.

"Of course I love you, beautiful. I was just joking, babe." He snickered. "You're so easy," he growled quietly.

Skye couldn't breathe; all of her breath had been sucked out of her by his words. She let out a muffled sob and her eyes stung with tears, tears of pain and hatred. "Get away from me, Bryan." She said, desperately clutching at his arms and trying to pry his arms away from her.

Bryan chuckled darkly. "I don't want to." He groaned. "Stay with me, we have some unfinished business to take care of. How about you come with me downstairs," he hissed.

Skye's heart stopped beating. She couldn't move, her body went numb as she was still grasping what he had said. We don't have any unfinished business; you're only a psychotic freak! She wanted to scream at him, but the words weren't coming out, it was as if there was some amount of feeling still inside her that cared enough to hold back. "No, Bryan, get away." She breathed.

"You're mine, Skye; you need to listen to me." Bryan got up from the couch, holding Skye by her stomach, and dragged them over to the door to the basement. Skye dug her nails into his arms and he let her go as he yelled out in pain. She scrambled away from him, slipping on the wooden floor. Bryan's jaw tightened and he cursed under his breath. He spun around and reached out for her shirt, catching her from the back and yanking her into him.

"No, stop!" She screamed, flailing her arms to hit him anywhere.

Bryan grabbed her wrists painfully with one hand and with the other hand he cupped it over her mouth. "Shut up, babe. You wouldn't want to wake everyone up now would you?" He growled.

She squirmed in his grasp and tried to make as much sound as possible. Bryan, let go, I hate you. She screamed, but it was muffled by his hand.