8. Complicated Nightmares {part one}

Chapter Eight
Complicated Nightmares
Part One

One week later

The morning sky was blinding, a bright yellow glory traced by beauty. Skye sat on the window ledge, thinking about the beauty that she finally felt in her heart. For one week, Skye had been free from Bryan's rage, free from living with the fear of having him hurt her. For an entire week, Johnny hadn't touched her—he was gone on a "business trip". For an entire week, she and Jules had been around each other a lot, free from Bryan's threats. She finally felt that life was getting better, that Jules really was changing things.

She breathed in the fresh summer air, air that was clear of the past humidity. Closing her eyes, she felt the warmth envelope her, taking her over, and, somehow, refreshing her. The sky was painted with those bright colors, fluffy white clouds drifting slowly across the smeared beauty that had been created. She could feel the beauty and tranquility in the air, a rich melody of peace. "Beautiful," she sighed, fluttering her eyes open.

"Yes, you are." Jules said as he stepped into her bedroom. His voice was harmonious, breathtaking really.

She practically fell off of the ledge at the sound of his voice, smiling to herself with glee. He came for her again, just as he had promised. Once she gained her concentration, she turned her head towards him. He was leaning against the door frame, hands hooked in his pockets, and a grin was plastered on his face. She could hardly help but stare at him, there was just something about him that set her off into a whole other world, a world free and all too unreal. "Look who decided to show up," she said, circling her feet over the edge.

"Who, me?" He said playfully, raising his eyebrows curiously.

She laughed and leapt off of the ledge. "No, I was talking about my imaginary friend Jimmy." She scoffed playfully.

"You've been holding out on me, Trouble? Is he your new boyfriend? Wait, he's not any more irresistible then I am, is he? No, that's right, he couldn't be." He winked and unhitched himself from the frame.

She laughed and felt her face burn. "No, of course not, nobody could be." She purred, stepping closer to him. Jules walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, their bodies cuddled together.

"Exactly," he whispered as he bent his head down to kiss hers. "I missed you, trouble."

She smiled and pulled herself away from him so that she was looking straight into his eyes. "It has only been one day, Jules."

"Really? Oh, that was one long day." He brought his hand up to her face and stroked her hair behind her ear. "Every day without you seems a little bit too long," he whispered, his deep green eyes bold and glistening.

"How charming," said Skye as she pulled his hand into hers and fit her fingers between his. "You're an original Romeo."

"Actually, I thought I would rather portray the knight in shining armor," he chuckled. "But I guess that doesn't really fit with this scenario, does it?"

Skye smiled casually and dropped his hand, staring into the eyes of someone she has always felt something with. "It doesn't, but that doesn't mean that you can't be that for me. I think that you easily could be."

"Maybe someday," said Jules, as he pulled Skye up by her hips and bent down to kiss her. "I'm willing to wait for miracles." He whispered into Skye's ear.