3. Breathe {part one}

Chapter Three

Breathe

Part One

Skye crawled out of the car, her body aching and everything spinning. She wobbled across the hot and dirty gravel, gasping harsh breaths as she tried to get further away from Johnny. The car door slammed on his side of the car. No, don't come near me, please don't touch me! Skye tried to say, but she choked on the words.

"Princess, we have something to talk about." He was getting closer, so much closer.

She stretched her arms in front of her and clawed to get up, but she couldn't, her arms were too weak, her body was growing cold and numb. "Don't—please—don't—touch me," She breathed desperately, fighting with each and every breath.

Johnny picked her up by her shirt and dragged her to the corner of the empty alley. He threw her up against the wall and stared into her eyes, their faces inches apart. "Maria, she is our little secret, right?"

She coughed on her own sobs and took a deep calming breath, closing her eyes and thinking back to the days before Bryan and Johnny, the days when everything was peaceful yet still broken, the days when it was just her and Leah the two of them happy enough with each other. Those were the days that would always be special in her heart. She never knew her biological father, but even he would be in her heart and memory with calm stability. Her thoughts drifted off to Jules so that she could calm down, thoughts of his grin, his laugh, his voice, and his unbelievably mesmerizing eyes. Her breathing calmed and she felt that she could finally face Johnny, face him alone.

Without speaking, she spit in his face and ducked away from him, running as fast as she could with her aching body. She spun around to the driver's side of the car and quickly yanked the door open. She started to get in but strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist and tugged her back. She flailed her arms, the pain eclipsing her entire body and slicing down her skin. "No, let go!" She screamed and the sound traveled out into the muggy air, filling it generously.

"Same thing here, Princess, you have to be quiet." Johnny said dropping her to the ground and pinning her down with his knees.

Skye screamed out in pain, as the pressure seemed to crush a few ribs, and pushed against him; trying desperately to be set free but failing—he was all too strong. "No, I won't." She breathed, slamming her hand into his neck and trying to choke him. "Help, somebody please!" She screamed as loud as she could.

He covered her mouth and laughed roughly. "Princess, I told you not to be quiet. Now, it's our little secret, right?" He whispered, glancing in the way of the open end of the alley. He managed to get a hold on her struggling arms and pinned them down, his breath raggedly panting out. "Skylar! Stop if you know what's best for you and Leah!" He growled.

Her heart sank for a moment and she stopped fighting against him. The pain was causing the world to fade out around her but she couldn't let it take over her; she wouldn't give in and let him do whatever he wanted with her. "Don't hurt her, I won't tell anyone, I swear! Please just don't hurt my mom, I—I'll let you do whatever you want to me, just don't harm her." She begged, tears staining her cheeks. The world was slipping away, the corners of her eyes being dotted with sheer blackness.

"Good, so we have an understanding then?" He replied gruffly around a dark grin.

She felt her body shutting down as she whispered one last thing, her body giving in, "Yes." The world went into foggy darkness and she lost consciousness, Johnny smiling with perfect contentment.