|3.6|

Susie again because I like writing in Susie's perspective

Winter break ended all too soon, and it was time to return to school. For once, I would be wearing something that was appropriate for the weather. I had on a thick grey sweater and jeans without holes in them, and Kris got me a pair of really comfortable boots. I also threw on my long winter coat, also from Kris. They and Toriel had basically spoiled me for the last few days. It was nice, but I also felt guilty about it.

Toriel insisted on driving us to school, and if I'd learned anything from living under her roof, it was that when she insisted on doing something, there was no changing it. She was going to do it. Kris and I sat in back as she drove. small talk was exchanged, but I didn't pay much attention. I was internally quaking in my boots. I had no clue how many details had been shared about the whole event, if none had been shared, how would people react to Toriel driving me to school? And then there was the whole thing with Noelle and what Kris told her (which I had no idea if it was still a lie or not at that point, so that was fun). 

 "Susie? Hello?" Kris waved their hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality. 

 "Huh? Sorry, I got lost in thought," I explained.

 "Okay, well, we're here." They stepped out of the minivan and held their hand out for me. I grabbed it and pulled myself out. 

Immediately, I felt hundreds of eyes on me. Anxiety rocketed through my bones and I shuddered. I quickly stood up next to Kris, but they didn't let my hand go. I was both happy and nervous about this. I heard pictures being snapped and I felt like I wanted to shrivel up and disappear. I growled at the nearest photographer. He yelped and shoved his phone away.

 "What are you doing!? You all know very well that you aren't allowed to take pictures of other students without their permission, especially not on school grounds! And shouldn't you be getting to class!?" Leave it to Goat Mom to save the day.

 Students grumbled and put their phones away, shuffling to get to class. Catti nonchalantly walked right up behind us. 

 "Guess the rumors were true?" she asked. She then walked away without waiting for a response. We continued to class.

 "Sorry about that. I didn't think of what would happen when people-"

 "Nah, it's fine. I'm good," I lied. I still felt like digging a hole and crawling into it to never be seen again.

 "You sure?" they asked, looking at me that way they always did when they wanted the truth. They called it their lie detector. If you smiled when they looked at you that way, you were lying. I smiled, of course. "Susie..."

 "Look, it's not a big deal, alright? I'm just trying to... Adjust, ya know?" They nodded.

 "I can understand that. I just want to make sure you're happy." My face flushed a bit.

Someone walking down the hall caught my eye. Noelle. I still felt bad for her, she looked pretty upset that day. I decided to say hi.

"Hey, Noelle." I waved. She looked up, a bit surprised. She saw us and smiled.

"Hey!" she said while trotting towards us. She seemed to be back to her usual cheery self. "How are you? I heard about what happened..." I flinched a little.

"Ya know... Been better. How about you?" She looked surprised that I was asking about her.

"Oh, well, I mean, I'm okay," she said. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted the other day. It was very rude of me. I felt jealous and so I just completely ignored you." 

"Nah, it's cool. You looked pretty upset. And honestly, it's payback for me ignoring you for pretty much your entire life." Kris snickered a bit.

"I noticed that you two- uh- that is-" Noelle stumbled over her words.

"Honestly, we have no clue. We're just taking things as they come." Kris responded, already knowing what she was referring to. We had talked about it a bit over break.

"Oh..." She frowned a little. 

"'Oh'? Who are you and what have you done with Noelle?" I joked. She giggled a little.

"W-well, I was some of the pictures - people are drawing fanart now - and I can't deny that you guys are really cute together..." she admitted. I stopped walking.

"Hold up. Fanart!? Okay, you're joking." I said.

"Nope!" She scrolled through her Deltagram feed for a little bit before sticking the phone in my face. "This is one of my favorites." The picture was very well drawn and featured Kris and I snuggling. 

"What the hell." I stated. Kris burst into laughter.

"People are taking this way too seriously. Next thing you know, there'll be fanfictions!" They exclaimed. Noelle deadpanned.

"You don't want to know," she muttered. I felt a drop of sweat on my face. The bell rang at that moment.

"Oh shit!" We all started running to class.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hell yeah

so I figured out that the only way I can actually like Noelle is f she's a Krusie shipper 

So yeah

:3

Also

Let us take a moment to honor our fallen ally, the 4th wall

rip in pepperonis, my friend