|2.0|

Okay, quick author's note. This is the 20th chapter in this book. This story has taken off so quickly and it makes me so happy to know that my work is something that people enjoy and even look forward to. So thank you. It means a lot and you guys have been so supportive of me. I mean, it's only been about a month and I already have 9,000 reads? You guys are the actual best and I love every one of you. Thank you all so much. You mean more to me than you know. And even though I may never have met you before, and I may never meet you, please never question if I'm being sincere when I say that you are my friends.

Kris' Pov

The few days before Christmas were extremely stressful. I didn't know whether or not Susie would be allowed to come or not, and I honestly didn't want to know what happened when she asked. I got her a present, intending to give it to her at school if she didn't end up coming.

Luckily, I didn't have to worry about that.

I heard a knock on the door and jumped up, my heart soaring. I ran down the stairs to answer it, but my mother got there first.

"Oh, hello! You must be Susie." I could see my mother mentally taking note of everything about her. "Kris has told me so much about you. Practically won't stop talking about you!" My face flushed a bit, and so did Susie's.

"Mooooooom, please stop." I groaned. She giggled and stepped aside so Susie could enter the house.

She stepped inside and I saw her outfit. She wore long khakis and a white button up shirt that was half untucked. Even though she was wearing something completely normal, she still looked hot as hell.

"Hey, Kris, you, uh, you okay? Your face is a bit-" Susie began. I snapped out of my trance.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry. No, I'm fine. You, uh, look nice."

"Thanks." 

We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds . My mom muttered something about tension and left the room smirking and gently shaking her head.

 "Why don't you sit down? I got you a present." I asked. This seemed to catch Susie off guard.

 "Y-you did? Why?"

"Cuz you're my friend." Susie flinched.

"I, uh, didn't get you anything..."

"That's fine! You don't need to, I just wanted to." 

Susie nodded. I ran upstairs and grabbed the small gift from beneath my bed. I returned to the room and handed Susie the bag.

"Here you go! Merry Krismas!" 

"Did you just make a joke with your name?"

"Maybe," I lennied.

Susie gingerly untied the strings of the bag and opened it. She pulled out a long, warm, black winter jacket.

"Kris...?" Susie said quietly.

"I noticed that you always come into class without a coat, even in the dead of winter. So I decided to buy you one. Sorry if it's the wrong style or color or-"

"I love it. Thank you, Kris." Susie wrapped me into a tight hug.

When she pulled away, I saw her eyes properly for the first time. They were a beautiful buttercup color and shone in the light. I also noticed a tiny tear in the corner of her eye. I could tell that it meant a lot for her to be sharing this. She truly trusted me.

Another knock on the door pulled me out of the moment all too soon.