|4.6|

Kris

Susie swung open the giant door effortlessly and we walked through. As we walked, a Rudinn came running up to us.

"L-Lightners!? What are you doing here!? You have to head back, he'll make us take you-"

"Hey, Rudinn #3! Your necklace is over here, now get in position!" The Rudinn standing before us looked us over with worried eyes, wished us luck and ran back. Susie shrugged and kept going. The path to the next area was completely clear, ironically enough.

We continued to pass every area with ease, and I became progressively more cautious as the journey continued. Susie seemed to see nothing out of the ordinary about it, and continued as normal. Lancer had been unnaturally silent. I

"H-hey, Susie, we've been walking for a while now, and It was pretty late when we left. Why don't we stop and take a break, you know, get some sleep?" I suggested, desperate to postpone the mission.

"If it's alright with Lancer, then sure. What do you say?" she asked him. He nodded and pointed to a nearby bush.

"There's a place behind there that we can hide in."

Susie stepped into the small clearing and sat beneath a lone tree. Lancer hopped off her shoulders and is behind the tree. I sat beside Susie, and she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, Kris? I know you're really scared about this, and I don't know why. Just... If you wanna tell me, I'm all ears, despite the fact that I quite literally have none." She chuckled and held me closer. I smiled up at her. "Now... I'm tired. I'm gonna get some shut-eye, you should too." You nodded.

"Yeah..." You felt your eyes shut slowly.

And then it started.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh this chapter was hard to write because I have something really exciting planned for the near future of this book and I just want to get there already

So here

Take some crappy filler