|1.0|

okie i'm lazy so we skippin to the end of the day

Susie's Pov

I watched as Kris gave Ralsei a hug goodbye.

"You're sure you don't wanna come back with us?" I asked him. I wouldn't admit it aloud, but I'd actually miss the fluff butt being around.

Ralsei shook his head. "I'm sure. After all, who'll keep Lancer out of trouble?" I smiled at the mention of my new tiny 11 year old friend. "...that's not to say I won't miss you desperately, though. Please visit again soon."

"Of course we will," Kris answered him. After one more hug, Kris and I turned and started towards the fountain. Kris extended their hand as a bright light blinded my senses.

...

I opened my eyes to see a room completely different from the one we were in previously. I sat up and watched Kris do the same.

"Hey, Kris..." They looked toward me. "...that... That wasn't a dream, was it...?" They shook their head. I was bewildered. I took a few seconds to take in the room. It was a seemingly unused classroom. There were checkers, game pieces, playing cards, and countless other things sprawled across the floor.

"We should probably get back to class." Kris nodded in agreement.

We stepped out of the classroom and into the hallway. The entire school was bathed in a golden light. Everyone had already left. I turned back to Kris, still in disbelief.

"Uh, Kris...?" Once again, they shifted their attention towards me.

"Yeah? What's up, Susie-" They froze. I placed a kiss on their cheek, causing their face to erupt into a mess of red.

"Let's go back tomorrow, okay?" I smiled and began my walk home. That's when I realized...

That I was late.