|1.8|

Kris' Pov

"K-Kris! Susie! I thought you two wouldn't be coming back today..." Ms. Alphys had caught us in the hallway going to the cafeteria.

"We, uh, had to take a little time out of class," I responded. Susie nudged my shin. I assumed that meant that she wanted me to let her do the talking.

"Sorry Ms. Alphys," Susie said quickly. She grabbed my hand and started walking away.

"What was that?" Susie stopped to ask me.

"What was what?"

"Why did you give her an excuse?"

"Aren't you supposed to?"

Susie facepalmed. "This is your first time skipping, isn't it?" I nodded. She sighed.

"Look. The first rule for skipping class at this school is to apologize quickly and walk away before the teacher can get you in trouble." My face burned.

"Oh. Sorry."

Susie sighed again. "It's fine, just don't do it again. We almost got in trouble, and I'm still on my last chance. One more strike, I'm out." 

"I completely forgot about that... I'm really sorry."

"Please stop apologizing," she groaned.

"Sor- okay."

A loud rumbling sound cut off the conversation. I watched as a blush rose through Susie's face.

"You're pretty hungry, huh?" I asked awkwardly. Susie grabbed my hand and started walking to the cafeteria.

"Let's go, Kris."

We walked into the cafeteria. Everyone stopped and turned to us. For a few seconds, nobody did anything. But then, one kid took out his phone and took a picture. Soon, all the kids were snapping pictures. 

"Omg, they're holding hands! I told you the were dating!"

"So I was right! Susie was trying to help Kris dodge that question earlier!"

"EEEK THEY'RE RIGHT THERE HOLDING HANDS"

Voices rang out from everywhere. I pulled Susie backwards back through the doors and back to the bathroom.

"Shit," I whispered to myself.

"Shh. I think there's someone here." Susie whispered. 

I listened closer and sure enough, someone was quietly crying behind a stall door. 

"Excuse me, are you okay in there?" Susie asked. The person in the stall audibly gasped.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine! Just, uh, you know, doing some, uhhhhh breathing exercises! Yeah, it sounds weird." The person responded.

Noelle.

The stall door unlocked and Noelle came out, puffy-eyed and wet faced. She smiled until she saw me standing there. She gave me the death glare.

"You sure you're good?" Susie asked her, ignoring the glares. I knew better than to get involved in this one.

"Yes, absolutely," she said, sending Susie googoo eyes. It made my blood boil.

"Okay, then can you stop giving my friend the death glare?" Noelle's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Oh, yeah, sure, sorry." She gave me a look that told me that I'd get mine later.

With that, she walked out, purposefully bumping into me.

"Can you say thirsty?" Susie muttered after she left. I stifled a laugh.