|2.8|

TW: Implied drug use

Susie's Pov

I sat underneath a rather large tree, heart racing.

 "SUSIE! IF YOU'RE THERE, COME OUT! WE JUST WANT TO SEE THAT YOU'RE SAFE!" someone screamed out from the distance. I hesitantly stood up. I didn't know why, but I was terrified of this.

I slowly stepped out into the clearing of the park. I was immediately swarmed with police officers shouting questions at me.

 "Are you hurt?"

 "What happened?"

 "Don't run away again, okay?"

 It was a bit much. My head started spinning.

 "HEY! EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" Police Chief Undyne screeched. Immediately everyone fell silent.

 "Good. Now. Explain." She looked at me pointedly and wasted no time. This was a woman I could respect.

I began telling her about how I snuck out to hang with a friend. She told me that my dad was extremely worried about me (hah) and told me not to do it again. I agreed. She insisted on driving me home.

"So," she began, driving down the frost-coated road in her gleaming police cruiser. "I've heard that your at-home life isn't the best." I shot my head up.

Did Kris call the police about it!?

"Rumors of a drug or alcohol problem? What's the deal?" She asked.

 "Oh, uh... My... My dad drinks sometimes." That's all I said. She raised an eyebrow.

"You're sure? He drinks sometimes? Cuz we had people over there earlier looking around, and they found a ton of empty beer bottles and a few used needles, and the entire place reeked of cheap booze." Needles!? What the hell? "Your father is being questioned right now. If there's anything else that's been going on, now would be the time to say something."

I held my breath for a second, remembering my promise.

Well, he's most likely getting arrested anyway...